Sunday, February 14, 2010

Strawberry Protein Shortcake

OK I think this might be my ultimate favorite 5 Minute Cake. I really love the Banana Caramel one and the Cranberry cake is to die for but... OMG!?! this one is soooooo good. Protein cake slices toasted make a yummy breakfast. Leftover cake is also great topped with sugar free pudding like this craziness I made a few months ago. Protein cake cubes also make great dippers.


Shelly's 5 Minute Strawberry Protein Shortcake

1 Egg, beaten
3 Tablespoons Milk (I use Vanilla Soy)
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Vanilla Torani Syrup
2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
3 Tablespoons Multigrain Pancake Mix (I use this)
1 scoop Strawberry Max Protein Powder
2 Tablespoon Unsweetened Coconut (Almond Meal/Flour can be subbed)
Pinch salt
1 Measuring Cup or Microwave Safe Mug (I use a 2 cup measuring cup)

In a measuring cup or microwave safe mug, Mix egg, milk, syrup, and oil and combine thoroughly. In a separate bowl, mix pancake mix, coconut, protein powder and salt. Tip dry into wet and stir till combined.


Nuke in microwave for 2 minutes*. Let it sit for 3 or so minutes (it pulls away from the sides) before tipping the cake onto a plate. Yields 4-5 slices.

*Microwave wattage varies. Start with 2 minutes and add 20 second increments if needed till no liquid is seen. My microwave is getting old and cakes now take 2 minute, 20 seconds in it.


I topped my slice with Sugar Free Land o Lakes Whipped Cream and a drizzle of Smucker's Sugar Free Strawberry Topping (fresh strawberries or defrosted frozen fruit would be great too)


Try the other flavors of Eggface Protein Cakes.

**Heads Up: Sugar Free Torani Sale includes 3 packs of Sugar Free Vanilla, Caramel, Hazelnut, Chocolate, Raspberry, and Irish Creme. Great price & free shipping over $25. Here's the link.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your recipes. Please enter me for the give away.

Barbara
stubblebubble_2000@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I might just have to try this one. I use body fortress now but I like to try new things.

Samantha
bohlon15@cfl.rr.com

Anonymous said...

Would love to try this protein powder out. Thanks Miss Shelly :)

Heather
niteshay@hotmail.com

mary brockmeyer said...

I'll never be sorry I found you and you steered me towards Max Protein!

freddie said...

Hi Shelly! You turned me onto Max a while back and it is my "go to" protein! I haven't tried the strawberry so I hope I win this big ole jug of happiness!!! Thanks for all you do!

Freddie
fbsummers@gmail.com

Jody L. said...

Mmmm... looks delicious!

Jody L.

I'd rather not post my email addy here but will watch for your winner announcement & if I happen to be so lucky I will contact you with the rest of my details.

Anonymous said...

I love your posts. Im glad I found you!!!

Cheryl
cheryl-grainger@hotmail.com

Pauline said...

I love the fact that you are so real about your surgery, your food addiction and the fact that this is work. We did not take the easy way out. Thanks for all you do and enter me in your wonderful give away! paulinecronk@sbcglobal.net
Again Thanks for all you do!

Anonymous said...

Would love to try this. I posted on FB as well. Thanks for all the great info.
Heather
heather@bedlamdj.com