Strawberry Protein Shortcake

OK I think this might be my ultimate favorite 5 Minute Cake. I really love the Banana Caramel one and the Cranberry cake is to die for but... OMG!?! this one is soooooo good. Protein cake slices toasted make a yummy breakfast. Leftover cake is also great topped with sugar free pudding like this craziness I made a few months ago. Protein cake cubes also make great dippers.


Shelly's 5 Minute Strawberry Protein Shortcake

1 Egg, beaten
3 Tablespoons Milk (I use Vanilla Soy)
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Vanilla Torani Syrup
2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
3 Tablespoons Multigrain Pancake Mix (I use this)
1 scoop Strawberry Max Protein Powder
2 Tablespoon Unsweetened Coconut (Almond Meal/Flour can be subbed)
Pinch salt
1 Measuring Cup or Microwave Safe Mug (I use a 2 cup measuring cup)

In a measuring cup or microwave safe mug, Mix egg, milk, syrup, and oil and combine thoroughly. In a separate bowl, mix pancake mix, coconut, protein powder and salt. Tip dry into wet and stir till combined.


Nuke in microwave for 2 minutes*. Let it sit for 3 or so minutes (it pulls away from the sides) before tipping the cake onto a plate. Yields 4-5 slices.

*Microwave wattage varies. Start with 2 minutes and add 20 second increments if needed till no liquid is seen. My microwave is getting old and cakes now take 2 minute, 20 seconds in it.


I topped my slice with Sugar Free Land o Lakes Whipped Cream and a drizzle of Smucker's Sugar Free Strawberry Topping (fresh strawberries or defrosted frozen fruit would be great too)


Try the other flavors of Eggface Protein Cakes.

**Heads Up: Sugar Free Torani Sale includes 3 packs of Sugar Free Vanilla, Caramel, Hazelnut, Chocolate, Raspberry, and Irish Creme. Great price & free shipping over $25. Here's the link.