Lemon Love

Long day of work today. I was thankful I had some of this bean salad leftover to come home too. Bean salads only taste better the next day. All the flavors get a chance to love on each other. Yum!


Shelly's Greek Garbanzo Salad

2 cans (15 oz.) Chickpeas (aka Chickpeas, Cece, Garbanzo), rinsed & drained
1 Cucumber, diced
1/4 of a Red Onion, diced
3 Green Onions, diced
1/4 cup Kalamata Olives, sliced
1/4 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
2 Tablespoon Pine Nuts, toasted

Lemon Dressing

3 Tablespoon Good Olive Oil (I used a Garlic Infused Oil)
Zest of a whole Large Lemon
Juice of 1/2 a Large Lemon
1/4 teaspoon Greek Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper

Toast pine nuts for a few minutes in a dry pan. Don't walk away. Set aside to cool. Drain and rinse Chickpeas. Mix all remaining salad ingredients together. Toss cooled pine nuts in. Mix Lemon Dressing ingredients and pour over salad.

It's a good lemon year on my tree...

I'm on a lemon kick today I guess... I've got a batch of Lemon Merigue Pie Protein Ice Cream churning as I type. When life gives you lemons... make lemonade Greek Garbanzo Salad. OK it's not as catchy but a lot tastier.

More Eggface Salads:

Shelly's Italian Bean Salad
Shelly's Chutney Chicken Salad
Shelly's Greek Bean Salad
Shelly's Shell-less Taco Salad
Shelly's Tropical Chicken Salad
Shelly's Black & White Bean Salad
Shelly's Naked Asian Chicken Salad
Shelly's Strawberry Fields Forever Chicken Salad
Shelly's Corn, Crab and Black Bean Salad
Shelly's BLT Chicken Salad

Want even more? Type in Salad (or any ingredient) in the Search Box under my Before & After Picture.