Crabtastic Black Bean Salad

I had a leftover ear of BBQ'd corn I didn't want to go to waste so I shucked it and came up with this salad. It's an adaptation of a bowl of "chowda" I ate when I was in Boston.

If you want a really fun vacation go to Boston.

Loads to do and see. If your hotel is central you really don't need a car. It's a great walking city (the Freedom Trail) and there is always the T (the subway system - they have a 7 day pass thingee that gives you unlimited travel for $15.) The T has stops at practically everything you would want to see. If I didn't live here. I'd live there. Love that city!

The chowda was wicked good and so is this...


Shelly's Corn, Crab and Black Bean Salad

1 ear of BBQ'd Corn Kernels, shucked
1 (6 oz.) can Crabmeat, drained
1 (15 oz. can) Black Beans, drained & rinsed
1/4 Red Onion, diced
2 Green Onions, diced
1/2 Cucumber, diced
1/2 cup fresh Salsa
2-3 Tablespoons store bought Balsamic Vinaigrette
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper

Grill fresh corn and shuck it. Combine corn, beans, crabmeat, onions, and cucumber. Add the salsa and dressing. Season. Mix well. Serve chilled as is, stuffed in an avocado or tomato half or scoop on top a lettuce salad.

You could replace the crabmeat with cold grilled shrimp, grilled chicken breast or smoked or canned tuna. This one is a great one for a picnic (no mayo to spoil.)

Next time you BBQ throw an extra corn on the grill and plan ahead to make this salad for lunch the next day. If you don't have fresh corn, canned or frozen will work too. Trader Joe's Roasted Corn (freezer section) would be great and will be what I use in the winter when the good stuff is out of season. If you can't do corn... add more chopped cucumber or toss in some chopped avocado.


Other Eggface Crabtastic dishes:

Shelly's Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Shelly's Crab Stuffed Mushroom Bake
Shelly's Roasted Veggie & Crab Casserole
Shelly's Italian Crab Bites


Listening to: In honor of Boston ;) "Rascal King" The Mighty Mighty Bosstones. I have a huuuuuge crush on Dicky Barrett. I've met him a few times after shows and he's so nice. Hmmm and single... Hey Dicky call me.