Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Leftovers transformed

I was jonesing for a BLT sandwich the other day (I don't do bread) so this was the next best thing I could come up with.

Last night's leftover Roast Chicken transformed into BLT Chicken Salad.


Shelly's BLT Chicken Salad

6 slices Bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
Tomatoes
1 1/2 cups Roast Chicken chopped, cooked (leftover rotisserie works great)
Lettuce
1 hard-boiled Egg, peeled and sliced

Basil Dressing

Pulse in a food processor your 1/2 cup of favorite Ranch/Caesar Dressing (or Greek Yogurt) and about 6 leaves of fresh Basil.

Mix chicken, tomatoes, bacon, and dressing together. Arrange lettuce on plates. Top with chicken mixture. Garnish with egg slices.

Refrigerate any unused for up to 3 days.

3 comments:

Amie said...

Hi Shelly ! Just wondering, is that Marie's Feta dressing low fat or fat free? Is is the Marie's that I know and love, in the produce aisle at the Walmart ? I haven't had a Marie's dressing for years just because it isn't diet friendly, at least my past diets. I used to get the garlic. Love that stuff.

Michelle said...

Hey Amie, Heck no it's the FULL FAT yummy one. I don't do fat free or reduced fat anything. Our pouches are tiny, portions small, and they did surgery on my guts not my tastebuds. ;) LOL. Remember this isn't a diet it's a lifestyle change. Moderation is key. Enjoy. Life is too short to eat crap. IMHO.

Tinamarie said...

Hi Shelly! I just found your blod and I am totally in love. I have only made one of your recipes, which is this BLT chicken salad (because I happened to have everything on hand). I am 5 weeks post op RNY, and just want to say thank you thank you thank you for your recipes! I am making a list every 2 weeks of new stuff I want to try from your site.