Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Banana Pancakes at 3 AM

My left boob woke me up at 3 in the morning. Random sharp knife pains no sleeping through those. I guess the nerves are coming back and they are not happy with me.

So what do you do when you are up at 3 AM???

Make pancakes of course...

I added dry pudding mix again. Here's my first version from St. Patty's Day. These are sooooo good. Next up Lemon Pudding with SF Orange Marmalade ooooh or maybe Chocolate Pudding with Sliced Banana. Decisions, decisions.

Shelly's Banana Cottage Cheese Pancakes with Sliced Strawberries

1/2 cup Cottage Cheese (I use pre-mixed cottage cheese with pineapple)
1 Egg
3 Tablespoons Whole Wheat Flour (I use Arrowhead Mills Multigrain Pancake Mix)
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Banana Cream Pudding Mix, dry
Big Juicy Red Ripe Strawberries, sliced

Whiz in mini food processor. Spray pan with non-stick spray. Cook on low till bubbles appear, flip. Cook till done. Serve topped with a sliced Strawberry and SF Maple Syrup (I use Cary's). Makes 4 small pancakes (pictured) or 8 silver dollar size.

These are very tender pancakes so smaller is better for flipping. They won't get any style points but they taste yummy.


Anonymous said...

Oh Michelle, I am so sorry you are having pain. Boob pain even!!!!
I have been planning my daughters wedding (4th of July). Its been keeping me up too. (But in a good way.) At 3 am in the morning I: listen to U2, MatchBox 20,Old Led Zeppelin, write letters, read, draw or paint. Kiss my kids while they sleep (well the little 5 yr old guy). Pet my kitty and pup. Brush my teeth.
I hope you feel better soon my friend.
Tara from MI

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have Jack Johnson's "Banana Pancakes" in my head all day now... It's OK though -- I love that song :) Hope your boob pain goes away soon. OUCH!!!

Michelle said...

Thanks Tara, That's what I did. I surfed the net and listened to my ipod. I nursed my finger too... I burned getting the damn pancake out of the pan LOL. Perhaps one should not cook under the influence of prescription medications. Lesson learned.

Michelle said...

Hey, I heart Jack Johnson. Rodeo Clowns was just playing on my Ipod.

chpdlivr said...

I just love your recipes. I think I made your pancakes 4 days in a row!! This week it's breakfast bites. So versitile!! I added onion, mushrooms, roasted red peppers and cheese. Also, bacon salt.......tastes just like the real thing!! Gotta try it!!

VictoriaAthens said...

How many protein grams are in this recipe and how many calories?


Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hi Victoria, Here's how to find the nutritional info on mine (or anyone elses recipes)