Monday, November 19, 2007

Breakfast at Bux

Back in August I blogged a WLS Post-op Starbucks Survival Guide with tips and info to help the gastric bypass post-op make better choices.

I suggested steering clear of the dreaded bakery case and while that is still the best bet for the most part. I thought I would make mention of something I have been enjoying lately and give Starbuck's some kudos.

I've had to make a few train trips lately and conveniently there is a Starbuck's right across from the train station. One afternoon finding myself with little time to seek out alternative food before my train departed I ordered a Starbuck's Wrap.

They have two different wraps and the one I am reviewing consists of Scrambled Egg, Feta Cheese, Roasted Tomatoes and Spinach on a Whole Wheat Tortilla. I'll tell you I didn't have high hopes. It's frozen and then heated up for you. How good could it be? Well you know it was actually tasty and a pretty decent choice for us @ 240 calories and 13 g. protein. The whole wheat tortilla is crispy when it comes out of the easy bake oven the Starbuck's dude sticks it in and so it goes down well and of course you get a little protein from the egg & cheese. Viola. A WLS friendly menu item. It's $3.25 add a SF Cinnamon Dolce Soy Latte and I am a happy girl.

Good for you Starbuck's.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea! I didn't even know they had food like that there and I'm there 2-3 times a day!

FYI - I love their Sugar Free Caramel Latte. When you get it with non fat milk you're only getting calories from the milk, nothing from the syrup - It helps with my calcium and protein intake and enjoy it frequently.

Danyele said...

I finally tried the SF gingerbread - omg.. what a treat! It tastes like the holidays..

Anonymous said...

I'm drooling! That looks good!

CyberDonna

Maija Lepore said...

Yummy Starbucks with the SF Gingerbread Latte with 2 percent milk.
I also blog about my weight loss and I would like to put your link on my site for others to find. Would you let me know if that's ok ? www.maigirlz.typepad.com - in the right sidebar and on the list will be a link for "The Fat Files"

Lisa said...

Thank you SO much for telling us about these wraps-they are absolutely delicious and very filling. I'm so glad they are in my life!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the spinach feta wrap. For some reason the last bite is always the best. Due to the impending removal from the Starbucks menu I have been trying to remake it at home. Unfortunately I've not been successful... yet.

Ellen said...

Sadly there are no starbucks in Napoli! Great Italian coffee but no Starbucks! My solution make these yummy wraps at home! I have used the liquid egg whites, feta cheese, spinach and sun dried tomatoes with a whole wheat wrap!! YUMMY!

The Art of Being Kelcified said...

I loved these prior to surgery. I am 5 weeks out from surgery and just can't imagine being able to eat a whole wrap. Do you eat the whole wrap and drink the coffee?

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Almost... about 3/4 and I only get a latte if I am there for awhile... I can't drink for about 45 minutes after eating (physically) I work from home so I can make my office pretty much anywhere so it's a day I do that. You will too one day ;)