Thursday, October 25, 2007

It lives!

Hey everyone! Well I'm back in a fashion with tons of stories to tell but not enough umpff yet to do them justice...

A brief summary: I had the works (I don't recommmend doing it all at once talk about feeling like a train wreck) Lower Body Lift (very very swollen think Stay Puft Marshmallow Man), BL/BA (I'm happy to see those girls again), and Arm Lift (not nearly as bad as I thought it would be). This LBL is intense!!! Franken Barbie is an understandment OMG!?! and I have some fluid gathering at one elbow ewww.

Quick story: I ask my Dr. on my post surgery follow-up appointment about the swelling and he tells me "it's normal and will eventually go down" and then I ask "Well Dr. is there a better sitting or sleeping position that would be less painful and better for the swelling?" His answer: "Michelle with the amount of work you had done the only good position for you would be on your face, sorry." LOL.

I had a longer than normal ride home due to the wildfires so a 1-1/2 hour ride became a 5 hour trip as every freeway, street, and darn bike path was closed. I'm wiped today but happy to be home to finish healing. My prayers go to all my local friends that are displaced. I'm luckily just north of one of the big ones and south of another so aside from lots of smoke and ash we are just fine.

Thank you so much for all the prayers, emails, PM's, text and phone messages I am so blessed to have you all in my life. It kept me going in those what the hell did I do to my body moments and I had a few... I may not get to respond for awhile but I have read them all. Thank you.

Please excuse the spotty blogging in the next couple of weeks... I will attempt to do a post everyday or two. I have tons to share about the experience. For those who hang out for recipes I'll be posting a few of those too...

I actually did make myself the Best Breakfast Ever this morning so I'm sure I won't be out of the kitchen for long.

Michelle (Eggface)

Highlights of the week:

* Living

* I can wipe my own butt

* Awesome support of family and friends

* Did I mention that I can wipe my own butt?

Listening to: "Three Little Birds" Bob Marley & The Wailers


Inky said...

oh i am so glad to hear from you and so happy it went well. I wasn't sure how affected you would be by the fires on your way home.

can't wait to hear more of your procedures!!

Emily said...

I'm with Inky! I'm glad to hear from you/see a new blog entry. I'm also happy to hear you're fine, in regards to the fires. My aunt and uncle out there fortunately are in a similar situation as yourself.

Good luck on the swelling going down - I can't wait to see some before and after pics!

Anonymous said...

OH thank GOD!!!! Take care of you!

Lysa said...

Congratulations on making it through the surgery and making it back home! I have been lurking through your blog for days now and am so heartened by your story and all your food ideas! I am 9 weeks post op - gastric RNY.

Your before/after pictures are awe inspiring!

I hope you can find a comfy position to sleep in and aren't too miserable!

Happy healing and warm thoughts - all best, Lysa

ps. i'm puzzled about your reference to having surgery over Thanksgiving.... was it a joke i missed?

chakragirl06 said...

Yeah, it lives!!!! Oh my goodness, girlfriend I'm so,so,so,so glad you are home safe & sound. Minds left to the imagination are crazy things!! LOL!!

I'm never hanging out here "Just" for the recipes. This is a warm,loving, awe inspiring place!! I'm just hanging to suck it all in!! LOL! I really mean that!

The fires had me worried about you and I worried that you would be worried, etc........I know it's a mess there right now, but everyday things will get better!! I guess there's a lot to be said about lifting your butt up off the floor.....hehe......can't wait to hear all about it!!

Michelle, welcome home and you are so loved!! Your beautiful girl! ~Big Hugs to you! Steffanie

eileen said...

Welcome back! Heal fast. So happy about the butt advancement.
Post about fires if you can.

Anonymous said...

Hey Shell, I am so glad you are doing well. I've been watching for the posts and updates. Can't wait to see the pictures. Hope you find a better sleeping position soon. Face sleeping ?? Don't recommend that one! lol

Kim G. in Oregon. :-)

Bariatric Brat said...

OMG, and I thought I was going to die after my BL/BA!! You are a much stronger woman than I!!

Take care.