Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world. Yesterday's healthy and delicious menu...

Breakfast: Made a batch of my Mini Apple Breakfast Loaves a few days ago. They make super quick breakfasts. I cut this one in half, put a dab of butter on it and turned it upside down in a pan till it was golden and yummy. I wrapped it in foil and took it with me on my antiquing expedition with my Mum. I knew we'd stop for coffee at some point and I usually get her a bakery treat and this time I just reached in my bag and I had one too. Mine was way healthier (lower cals, carbs, and more protein) than anything in that bakery case that's for sure.

Sugarfree Low Carb Healthy Baked Goods

More Grab & Go Breakfast Recipes and Ideas

The touristy part of my town "Old Town Temecula" has a ton of antique stores and we love to act like tourists and browse through them every few months. It always sparks some fun memories for my Mum and interesting conversations.

Southern California Day Trips

I usually treat myself to a piece of vintage Pyrex (it's the only thing I really collect) but today I was on a mission. I was in search of a small (and cheap) buffet to turn into a "coffee bar" of sorts, maybe a little storage below for my extra Sugar Free Torani Syrups and K-cups. I lucked out at the third stop of the day. It needs a little love but sometime in the next few weeks I'll post the before and finished project.

Southern California Towns

Lunch: After about 4 antique stores I reach my limit. We head home and I made us a little "Tidbit Party" spread of cold cuts, cheeses (Rosemary Asiago from Trader Joe's is heaven), cucumber "crackers", pickles and nuts. Lots of yummy protein! We sat outside on the patio and talked about my DIY project plan. I'm excited.

WLS Weight Loss Low Carb Paleo Recipes

5 Things to Do With Cold Cuts

Dinner: My version of a staple Italian Sunday dinner "Spaghetti & Meatballs" and finally watched the finale of The Amazing Race. My favorite team did not win but it was a fun season. All YouTubers and Bloggers. I'm not sure I could do it. The travel and daredevil stuff (jumping off things and scaling down mountains) I would be fine but some key skills are needed I do not possess... a brain for puzzles (no memory and short attention span), I can't row boats (I am notorious for losing oars), I can't drive stick (I suppose I could learn) but the real deal breaker is eating large quantities of odd foods (they once had to eat an entire ostrich egg scrambled) umm pre-op I am not sure I could have done that.

To make the "Spaghetti" and Meatballs: half and deseed a spaghetti squash. Microwave it upside down on a glass Pyrex plate with 1/4 cup of water. 14 minutes or so (time will depend on size), you want a fork to insert easily. Allow to cool slightly. Use two forks to shred the flesh of the cooked squash into "spaghetti." While it's cooking slice a sweet Maui or Vidalia onion and saute. Toss the squash and onion together with a sprinkle of Parmesan, a few twists of black pepper and a sprinkle of oregano. I topped it with meatballs that I simmered in some Rao's Tomato Basil Sauce. Sprinkle some shredded mozzarella on top.

Pasta Alternatives Bariatric Weight Loss Surgery Recipes

More Healthy Italian Recipes

Snacks: Coffee including a Sugar Free Vanilla Soy Latte earlier and I made a batch of Quest Protein Bar Cookies and had a couple of those. If you haven't tried these yet you have to do it  here's the instructions even bars I haven't been fond of as bars I enjoy as "cookies" and it's way better portion control.

Cookie Healthy Weight Loss Fitness Workout

Each bar makes 8 "cookies" and 2 is a great portion for me so one bar's worth of cookies lasts much longer than a bar. Hope you enjoy them. They are great tossed in a Ziploc baggie as an emergency or travel purse snack.

Weight Loss Surgery Fitness Diet Workout Recipes Healthy Desserts

More days in my pouch

I have a favor to ask, if you are on Twitter can you retweet this tweet. Since the Your Weight Matters National Convention is in Washington DC this year the Convention Committee thought we'd give this a try. Thank you!



post signature