Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts (I try and post them every few days) to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world. I didn't even realize till I began this post it was a perfect Meatless Monday menu.

Breakfast: We're in the middle of a heatwave. I must have bought it back from Phoenix. Phoenix weather was better. We have had a week of muggy, monsoonal nastiness and it's not cooling down at night much. I've moved my walk to the early morning so breakfast needs to be a quick grab and go or super easy clean-up.


Hard boiled eggs are one of the easiest grab and go protein sources. I love to dip them in Bagel Spice which is basically a blend of all the seeds and seasonings on an Everything bagel minus the bagel and a couple of bites get the hot and spicy treatment with a little hot sauce.


More Protein Packed Grab & Go Breakfast Ideas

Lunch: Apparently, I am now on a hard boiled egg kick. Not really I just don't want to heat up the kitchen or clean-up much and a made a few. My bento box lunch...


Pink Box (top left): Salad with a ton of stuff in it (Persian cucumbers, tomatoes, carrot, lettuce, purple cabbage, Parmesan cheese, a handful of cannelini beans, bell pepper and a little oil and vinegar) 
Green Box (top right): Fresh peach slices 
Blue Box (bottom left):  Hard boiled Egg (salt & pepper)
Orange Box (bottom right):  Trader Joe's Rosemary Marcona Almonds 

More Eggface Bento Box Lunches


Dinner: I didn't want to heat up the house so I took a bunch of my Farmer's Market purchases on the patio, sliced them up, swiped them with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt (a little Greek seasoning on the zucchini) and grilled them up on the BBQ. I served them with a shaving of Parmesan Cheese on top of the zucchini and a Herb -ilicious Greek Yogurt Dip (4 oz. of Greek yogurt, a 1/2 teaspoon of Dried Mint, 1/2 teaspoon Oregano, salt to taste, a few twists of Black Pepper.) So good... a perfect thing to make and invite any vegetarian pals over. Tons of leftovers too. Perfect to add to a frittata, or a tortilla pizza, or my Bites (aka crustless quiches.)


Snacks: I finished the almonds from my bento box lunch and in the afternoon I've been needing to cool off and this hit the spot. Even cottage cheese haters will like it I promise you, you do not know it's inside but the extra boost of protein (1/4 cup = 7 grams, then whatever protein is in your milk) is a great thing. If you run out of protein powder adding cottage cheese (or Greek yogurt cubes) is a great solution or add it to your protein powder shake for an extra boost.


Shelly's Cottage Mango Lassi

8 oz. Milk (I use Vanilla Soy but any milk will do)
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Torani Vanilla Syrup
1/4 cup Cottage Cheese
1/4 cup Frozen Mango Chunks

Blend on high till well combined. If you use fresh mango versus frozen toss some ice cubes in the blender to thicken.

More days in my pouch.

post signature