High Protein Greek Yogurt Cubes

Last year I shared these Frozen Protein Drops I make. I've changed them a bit over the year, thought I'd show you the latest version. I love to make my protein shakes and smoothies in the blender. I sometimes add ice or frozen fruit but lately I've been adding these high protein yogurt cubes. They make your shakes frothy and smoothie shop frappe-like and the bonus is a little added protein boost.

Smoothies Weight Loss Surgery Gastric Bypass Sleeve Recipes

Shelly's High Protein Greek Yogurt Cubes

Plain Greek Yogurt
Ice Cube Tray

Optional additions:
Any Protein Powder
Chopped Fruit
Sugar Free Torani Syrup
Sugar Free Pudding Mix
Powdered Peanut Butter
Unsweetened Cocoa

You can flavor the yogurt with any of the optional additions. This batch pictured I mixed a few Tablespoons of protein powder (I used Celebrate ENS) into the Greek yogurt first and also placed some chopped fruit in each compartment. It's fun to come up with combinations. Chocolate protein flavored yogurt and chopped bananas is a favorite, another is Sugar Free Coconut Torani flavored yogurt.

Smoothies Weight Loss Surgery Gastric Bypass Sleeve Recipes

Sometimes I make them with just the yogurt and a little Sugar Free Torani syrup mixed in to taste, about 1 Tablespoon syrup to 3 oz. yogurt works for me or I mix in some powdered peanut butter or sugar free pudding again just to taste but again about 1 Tablespoon to 3 oz. yogurt is about what I use.

Tap on counter to pop any air bubbles and place on a flat surface in the freezer. Freeze till set (a few hours at least) and pop them out of the tray.

Smoothies Weight Loss Surgery Gastric Bypass Sleeve Recipes

I store them in a gallon Ziploc bag and toss a couple in the blender when I make a shake. You can also just eat the cubes as is when you want a little icy treat. 2 or 3 cubes makes a healthy snack. Way better than digging into a carton of Häagen-Dazs Ice Cream.