Saturday, May 11, 2013

A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts (I try and post them every few days) to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world. My yesterday...

Breakfast: Made my Buttercrunch Ricotta Pancakes. I make a lot of different protein pancakes but I think these are my favorite.


Lunch: Had some errands to run that brought me near the beach. Packed up my bento box and ate lunch staring at the waves for some free-ish (1/4 a tank of gas) therapy.


Pink Box (top left): Shelly's Dilly Egg Salad
Green Box (top right): Cucumber "Crackers"
Blue Box (bottom left):  Lipton Tea & Honey Lemon Flavored Ice Tea Packet (you add them to a water bottle, 20 cals) and a hunk of a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Quest Protein Bar
Orange Box (bottom right): Muenster Cheese

Shelly's Dilly Egg Salad

4 Hardboiled Eggs
1 Green Onion, diced fine
2 Tablespoons Greek Yogurt
1/2 teaspoon dried Dill
pinch of Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper

Whiz eggs in a mini food processor or mash with a fork till desired consistency. Add eggs to remaining ingredients and mix together.

More bento box lunches
More Eggface egg dishes

This was my lunch time view. Ahhhh.
 

Dinner: Came home after errands, one of which was stopping at Costco for a tray of their cooked shrimp. Ate a few with a few more Cucumber "Crackers" and a dollop of Greek Guacamole.


Shelly's Greek Guacamole

1 ripe Avocado, mashed
1-2 Chopped Tomatoes
2 Tablespoons Black Olives, chopped
2 Tablespoons Crumbled Feta cheese
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
Sprinkle of Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper

Scoop the flesh out of the avocados into a bowl. Mash avocado till partially mashed but still some chunks. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well. Makes enough for 2 or 3 people.

Snacks: Lots of coffee including a Sugar Free Vanilla Soy Latte at a coffee shop tweet stop and in the evening sometime I ate a leftover pancake from breakfast, cold from the fridge they are yummy too.


More days in my pouch

Next week I'll be in Vegas for the Weight Loss Surgery Foundation of America Meet & Greet. I hope to see some of you there. Come find me and say hi! Looking forward to meeting Carnie Wilson and hearing Dr. Yoni Freedoff speak. I understand there are still tickets available so come hang out.

I also wanted to remind anyone thinking of attending the Obesity Action Coalition "Your Weight Matters" Convention in August that EARLY BIRD pricing continues for just 9 more days. Get in on it. It's going to be AMAZING and provide you with awesome tools for continued success in your health & weight loss goals. I can't wait!

post signature

11 comments:

Bren said...

You'll have to try mixing in pomegranate seeds into your guacamole sometime. It's a recent addition to ours and I love it.

Anonymous said...

Shelly,

I am a VSG'er and I come to your site for all the great recipes and inspiration but I also LOVE to see my old home of Southern California; never stop bragging about living in God's country.

Erin

Anonymous said...

Pancakes look yummy! Will try them this week. Happy Mother's Day to your Mum!! Lois

Sparky said...

Oh man! I didn't know about that Vegas event and I'd love to go, but I just got back from a convention in Reno and I'm tapped. :c

Unknown said...

I was wondering if you were going to do any sort of meet/greet with the Phx people that are on your blog all the time when you are there in August? I would love to have the opportunity to meet you...

Linda said...

Shelley,

Two questions:

1. How much protein do you aim to take in per day? Do you count calories?

2. Is there a reason you don't list serving sizes with your recipes?

Thanks! Love your blog!

Linda

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hi Linda, I aim for at least 70 grams a day (generally I get in more I use soy milk in my coffee, those splashes add up.) Yep I count calories and have a target I aim for daily based on my activity level and lifestyle. I also aim for 50% protein, 25% fats, 25% complex carbs. I do not list serving sizes because that is something you want to discuss with your medical posse based on what stage you are... 7 weeks, 7 months or 7 years that will make a difference.

Michelle "Shelly" said...

I am going to be in attendance at the Phoenix event... hope to see you there!!

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Thank you Lois, Thanks Erin.

Bren that sounds yummy I have a tree too!!

Vanessa said...

Those pancakes have my name on them!

Michele said...

Hi Shelly! I just love your blog! I started to make a little recipe collection in my computer so I can keep recipes I love. Your blog has been such a help since my surgery. Thank you for doing what you do and I hope to hear that you are coming to NJ some time :)