Lotsa Love for Leftovers 7

Post weight loss surgery when you eat out in a restaurant it's a given there will be a lot of leftovers or waste. I hate wasting food. Sometimes I have no choice if I'm headed to a movie or I'm too far from home but if I'm heading home right after a meal you better be sure the leftovers are coming home. Those leftovers can be "repurposed" and transformed into a bunch of great meals.

Repurposing: Transforming leftovers into something equally as yummy. The goal is for them to taste & look so completely different you don't realize you are having leftovers.

Spotted a $10 off Red Lobster coupon online so instead of standing in front of a hot stove or heating up the already hot house by turning on the oven, off we went to dinner. My order was the Build Your Own Meal. I chose Shrimp Scampi and Crab Legs and I asked for Sliced Tomatoes as my side dish. They are not on the menu but if you ask they will do this. The meal comes with a Garden Salad (I ask for no croutons and dressing on the side.) I know my capacity pretty well now so I remove and box 1/2 my dinner right away. I ask for a box when I order, they look at you weird but I just say, "I'm not terribly hungry and I know I will need a box so can you just bring it with the food."

I ate my salad, most of the crab legs and a couple of shrimp.

This is what came home...


These leftover shrimp, a little crab, and sliced tomatoes became this AWESOME repurposed bento box lunch the next day.


Pink Box (top left): Shelly's Leftover Shrimp and Crab Salad
Green Box (top right): Sliced Strawberries
Blue Box (bottom left): Cheese stick
Orange Box (bottom right): Pistachios


Shelly's Leftover Shrimp and Crab Salad

1 cup or so Cooked Shrimp Scampi and/or Crab Leftovers
1 Tomato, chopped
1/2 Cucumber, chopped
2 Tablespoons Greek Yogurt
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
1/2 teaspoon Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper

Mix together all ingredients. Serve as is, on top of a green salad, or as a lettuce wrap. Made plenty for 2 delicious bento box lunches.

More ideas for repurposing restaurant leftovers

Lotsa Love for Leftovers 1
Lotsa Love for Leftovers 2
Lotsa Love for Leftovers 3
Lotsa Love for Leftovers 4
Lotsa Love for Leftovers 5
Lotsa Love for Leftovers 6


More Strategies for Eating Out After Weight Loss Surgery