A day in my pouch

My Saturday in post weight loss surgery eating...

Breakfast: I wanted to get a walk in early before the Farmer's Market so I was out the door with Celebrate ENS Vanilla Cake Batter Shake I jazzed up a bit. It's totally a slice of sweet potato pie.

Shelly's Sweet Potato Pie Protein Shake

8 oz. Milk (any kind)
1 packet of Celebrate Vitamins Vanilla Cake Batter ENS
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Caramel Torani Syrup
2 Tablespoons Sweet Potato, mashed (baby food, canned or leftover fresh)
dash of Cinnamon
a few Ice cubes

Whiz in blender till smooth. Top with sprinkle of cinnamon.

Saw these baby ducklings on my walk. What a beautiful way to start the day.


Picked up the usual suspects at the Farmer's Market: a few sweet Maui onions, zucchini, garlic, basil, apples, strawberries, feta cheese (thinking Mediterranean Baked Shrimp this week it's been awhile), olive oil. Got home put everything away and set myself up outside on my newly cleaned patio to get some computer stuff done. I spent most of Friday cleaning it, washing tables, chairs, hosing down stuff, repotting some plants, I figured I'd sit and enjoy my labor. I had some computer stuff to get done, I fixed a few links on the blog, worked on this month's very very cool giveaways. Speaking of links... Thank you for making purchases through the links on the left hand side of the page. The small percentage commission received helps keep the blog going, doing giveaways, all the fun stuff :)

I got most of my stuff done, fueled by a yummy lunch but then I got sucked into Facebook and Pinterest. It's funny how 5 minutes becomes 50 in a blink of an eye on those sites.

Lunch: The contents of my bento box lunch...

Pink Box (top left): Leftover Grilled Chicken and Salami
Green Box (top right): Cucumber Slices (my crackers)
Blue Box (bottom left): Greek Yogurt Dip and a hunk of fresh Mozzarella
Orange Box (bottom right): Sliced Strawberries, a squirt of homemade No Sugar Added Chocolate Whipped Cream and a sprinkle of Toasted Almonds

Shelly's Homemade No Sugar Added Chocolate Whipped Cream

1 cup Whipping Cream
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Vanilla Torani Syrup
2 Tablespoons Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa Powder

Whisk till well combined. Fill whipping cream to the fill line of the whipper. Screw on the top. Insert the CO2 cartridge till it empties, unscrew that. Put the nozzle on, shake a few times and squirt away. It makes a ton, store it in the fridge for up to 10 days just give it another few shakes before squirting. Soooo good, it's like eating a chocolate covered strawberry.

More Bento Box lunches

Dinner: Mmmm Cauliflower Pie, one of my favorite post weight loss surgery dinners.

If you haven't tried this one yet. Do it. Even early post-ops could eat it... it's super soft and the cauliflower can be whizzed in a food processor first if needed. I just mash it with a potato masher.

Oodles of protein, totally will give you that "Lasagna" fix and non-ops LOVE IT. So a meal you can make and all eat together with no modifications. Heats up great the next day too. For best results I nuke the leftovers a few minutes then do the toppings like the original recipe (broil.)

Snacks: Too much coffee including a Sugar Free Vanilla Soy Latte from Bux as I walked around the Farmer's Market and some steamed Edamame later in the evening. I love these suckers. I use this gadget (the best for heating up leftovers BTW, keeps meat super moist), sprinkle of salt and microwave them for 4 minutes or so. Yum.


More days in my pouch

post signature