Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

Breakfast: Spent most of the day on my newly cleaned patio working on a computer project. I brought outside a variety of items in my super cool bento box for breakfast and snack.

Pink Box (top left): Shelly's 5 Minute Coconut Cake
Green Box (top right): Nuts and Dried Cranberries
Blue Box (bottom left): Mixed Berries (Raspberries, Blueberries, Strawberries)
Orange Box (bottom right): Pineapple Cottage Cheese

Lunch: I grilled some Lemon Pepper Chicken Skewers and Grilled Zucchini. The skewers are just white meat chicken tenders threaded on wooden skewers and sprinkled with lemon pepper seasoning. The zucchini is brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with Greek seasoning.

I dip almost all meats. Moisture is key post weight loss surgery to helping things keep headed in the right direction. So I also made a Greek yogurt dipping sauce for my chicken skewers.

Shelly's Greek Yogurt Sauce

2 oz. Fage Greek Yogurt
1 Tablespoon Mayo
dash Seasoning Salt
1/2 teaspoon Greek Seasoning

Mix together.

Dinner: I had a lot more zucchini leftover than I thought I would so I tossed my original plan of meatballs and tomato salad and made this Quickie Lasagna creation.

From top to bottom the layers are...
Provolone Cheese
Bruschetta Sauce (found near fresh pasta or Trader Joe's carries a jarred version)
Fresh Basil
4 slices Grilled Zucchini
Ricotta Mixture
2 Cooked Turkey Meatballs, sliced (I nuked for a minute)
Bruschetta Sauce
Fresh Basil
Ricotta Mixture
2 Cooked Turkey Meatballs, sliced
4 slices Grilled Zucchini

Shelly's Ricotta Mixture

1 cup Ricotta
2 oz. Herb Goat Cheese (Alouette or chive cream cheese will do in a pinch)
1 Tablespoon Parmesan Cheese
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
dash of Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper
1 Tablespoon Milk to thin

Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes till golden brown and gooey.

Snacks: Oodles of coffee, the nuts (from my breakfast bento) and 2 scoops of Shelly's Vanilla Coconut Cookie Protein Ice Cream with a drizzle of Sugar Free Fudge Sauce. Nom.

Shelly's Vanilla Coconut Cookie Protein Ice Cream

1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (or Regular Milk)
2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon Sugar-Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Coconut)
2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Coconut, toasted
Optional: 4-6 Sugar-Free Coconut Cookies, (I used these) broken into pieces

Toast unsweetened coconut (available at health food stores, organic markets or online) on a cookie sheet in a 350 oven for a few minutes till golden stirring every minute or so. Set aside to cool. Store cooled, extra coconut in a Tupperware. Unsweetened coconut tastes so much better and waaaaay more coco-nutty then that sweetened shredded stuff we are used to.

Mix together milk, coconut, syrup and protein. I used this gadget to mix it up. It makes it airy and lump free. No groovy gadget... just whiz on super high in the blender. Pour into ice cream maker. Follow your machine's instructions for freezing. 5 minute before done add optional cookies.

You can eat it right away it is soft serve-ish but I like to put it in the freezer (in a Tupperware) to set for an hour or so.