Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

My yesterday in post weight loss surgery eating...

Breakfast: Mixed up a protein shake and hit the farmer's market for some veggies and fruit for the week. I didn't get too much this week. I'm trying to use up my freezer stock (casseroles and soup plans this week) so just some onions, mushrooms, garlic, apples, olives and the world best feta cheese from the Greek olive man.

Shelly's Cherry Vanilla Protein Shake

1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (or Regular Milk)
1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Black Cherry Torani Syrup
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Vanilla Torani Syrup
1/4 cup Frozen Cherries
2-3 cubes of Ice

Whiz in blender till smooth. Top with a squirt Sugar Free Land o Lakes Whipped Cream, optional.

I worked a little in the garage on my never ending organization project. Every day I try and do a little at it. I've made at least 10 trips to the thrift (I have a 2-seater car) and had them come once to pick up big stuff. I'm almost done but every time I say that I see something else. I basically have 2 more floor to ceiling cupboards and a rack of tubs to go through. For those that don't know, I have a degree in Political Science and Child & Family Studies, the plan was to go to law school to become a Child Advocacy Attorney, but alas roads change and at one point in my past I was the Curriculum Director for the largest child care center (infant to 12 years) and private Kindergarten in the state of California. I have several tubs from those days. I can imagine it will mean several more thrift store runs.

Lunch: I packed up my super cool bento box and took it to the beach (my zen zone) I had some errands in the area so it was a little business mixed with a lot of pleasure. I needed to stare at this for a hour or so and recharge...

and enjoy this yummy lunch...

Pink Box (top left): Tomato, Basil, Feta Salad w/drizzle of Balsamic Vinegar
Green Box (top right): Cucumber Slices (my crackers)
Blue Box (bottom left): Salami and Provolone Slices
Orange Box (bottom right): 1/2 a Peanut Butter & Jelly Quest Protein Bar

More Bento Box lunches

Dinner: Took a few of the onions from the morning market haul, sliced them and cooked them low and slow till they were soft and just beginning to caramelize. Served them with Turkey Meatballs, Marinara Sauce and a sprinkle of Parmesan Cheese on top.

Generally I don't like pasta replacements. I don't do wheat or tofu noodles (there's Sicilian law against using those, not really but there should be) but I love to use veggies as a pasta replacement like these "Spaghetti" Onions or my Zucchini Manicotti. I actually prefer them and would choose them over pasta any day.

Snacks: Sugar Free Cinnamon Dolce No Whip Soy Latte, a Cutie Mandarin, and 4 Frozen Protein Drops. I love those little suckers.

Tonight it's the Golden Globes. I love the arrivals to see what everyone is wearing & the last 20 minutes or so when they give away the best actor, actress, the middle of the show is like Charlie Brown's parents talking, "Wahwah wah wah." A snooze fest. Though they serve booze at the Globes and that can make for some interesting speeches. I'm making some snacks with some of the leftovers from above so I'll snap a few pics to share and post later or manana. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!