1. Remember back in September (on a Friday Five) when I said it was believed Starbucks was giving us a Sugar Free Peppermint Mocha. Well it's on the menu and a few of my pals have emailed me to say they have ordered one (so far mixed reviews), let me know if you tried it and what you think. I'm heading to Bux tonight to try one. I'll let you know my verdict. Now if only Starbucks would bring back my personal fav: the Sugar Free Gingerbread Latte I would be their BFF. Come on Bux, Pretty please with Splenda on top.
Not near a Bux and still want some SF Peppermint yumminess. Check out these recipes to get your minty fix.
2. Want to try Quest Protein Bars but not sure which yummy flavor to get... you can buy single bars and create your own assortment. My current favs: Apple Pie, Wild Berry and a new prototype bar which I'm hoping they will make more of soon: Strawberry Cheesecake. Nom. It was a part of this very yummy bento box I made for myself the other day...
Pink Box (top left): Cooked Shrimp with lemon and (in little blue container) Cocktail Sauce
Green Box (top right): Strawberry Cheese Cake Quest Protein Bar
Blue Box (bottom left): Cheesestick and Garlic Pistachios (got these at the Tom's Farms get together)
Orange Box (bottom right): Mango Chunks
More Bento Box Meal Ideas
Speaking of our Tom's Farms get together. Here's a couple of my favorite pics...
There were 15 or so of us all together. We of course forgot to take a group picture before it was all over. Next time we need to take one first thing :) My Mum (3rd in the floral shirt & jeans) hates when I put her picture on the internet. LOL.
3. Some articles I read this week that were worth checking out:
Company Health Plans Raising Costs for Smokers, Obese
Obesity Fuels Custody Fights
State Cuts Funding for Weight Loss Surgery
4. Woot! My Crockpot Carnitas recipe is one of the finalists in the 2011 Next Pork Crock Star. Thanks to my pals & fam that voted. Even if I don't ultimately win (a panel of judges now determines the winner in each category) I am proud that a Weight Loss Surgery friendly dish made it this far. So for all those people in your life that say things like, "Oh you are having THAT surgery?! You know you'll never be able to eat yummy food again." Whapow! Take that ;) There is yummy food on the other side of WLS.
5. Just 2 more days to enter The Great Celebrate Vitamins ENS Giveaway. The winner of that giveaway will be announced Monday (here on the blog) and stop by Sunday when another AWESOME giveaway begins!!! What will it be?!