Carnitas Leftovers: Fiesta, Forever.

I've been eating a lot of Mexican-ish meals lately. Our yummy Cinco de Mayo leftovers turned into this great soup.


I sauteed 1 zucchini, took the leftovers (about 3 cups of Carnitas meat & juices), dumped them in a pot with 1 (15 oz.) can of Chicken Broth, a 1/2 cup of fresh Salsa, a Tablespoon of chopped fresh Cilantro, and a few twists of Black Pepper to make a quickie Carnitas Soup. You may have to adjust the broth amount depending on how much of each leftover you have. I topped each serving with crumbled Cotija Cheese. Soooo good.

Saturday I hit the Farmer's Market in the AM, got some great stuff: artichokes, strawberries, avocados, but came home to all hell breaking loose at my house. I've been having plumbing issues for months. We call someone, it gets fixed and then a few weeks later it's having issues again. We have 2 bathrooms and only one was having problems. Saturday the other one started. Plumbers again. $$. This time we got to the "root" of the problem... literally. When the toilet was removed in the master bath a flipping tree or something was down there. Greaaaaat. $$$$. It had progressed so much that it started to effect the other bathroom. Not quite sure how the 3 plumbers that had come to my house in the past did not figure it out earlier but whatever, it's hopefully getting resolved now. So today, Mother's Day, Mum and I are watching as the tile in the master bath gets jack-hammered up, new pipes, tile, etc. etc. = a hellaciously expensive mess.

I made us a quick breakfast before all the guys came. A sort of Mexican Breakfast Bowl. In fact, let's just call it that...

Shelly's Mexican Breakfast Bowl

Refried Beans
Scrambled Eggs with fresh Cilantro
Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
Fresh Salsa

Heat the beans and place a dollop in each bowl. I scrambled eggs with fresh, chopped cilantro. Topped the beans with those. Sprinkled cheese and salsa. Eat. Nom. You could spoon the mixture in a tortilla too but I just ate it as is. Nice warm start to the day.

Hope everyone is having a nice Mother's Day! I owe Mum a nice brunch or something but we'll have to wait till all this work is done. I am so lucky to have my Mum. She is my best friend.

The bouquet I made my Mum this morning, roses from our garden...

We've got "The Amazing Race" finale tonight so that will be fun. We both LOVE that show. I'm making snacks.

post signature
P.S. Damn blog title... Lionel Ritchie is stuck in my head. Fiesta, Forever. Come on and sing along! Could someone tell me what the heck "Tambo li de say de moi ya. Hey Jambo Jumbo!" means?