A day in my pouch

It's been an EXPENSIVE few days. $850 in plumbing repairs has really put a damper on my week, month, grrr few months. I live in an older (well for my area) home and the 20 year old fixtures all decided to go at the same time. So new toilets, new faucets, new shower knobs, all equal a very sad Eggface. Whatcha gonna do?

While the workman did their thing I was without water for most of the day. I really could cook much. This is what I ended up filling my premium pouch space up with...

Breakfast: Mixed myself up a Key Lime Pie Protein Shake while waiting for the guys to show up. You know between 8 AM and whenever we flippin' feel like it ;) This shake is delicious and sipping it while sitting in the sunshine on the patio made the waiting more bearable... almost.

Shelly's Key Lime Pie Protein Shake

8 oz. Vanilla Soy Milk (you can use ANY milk or milk/water combo. I'm a soy girl)
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I use SF Vanilla)
1 teaspoon Sugar Free Lime Jello Powder, dry
1 scoop SEI Max Vanilla Protein Powder
3-4 Ice Cubes

Add liquid, ice, then powders and blend on high. Top with an optional squirt of Sugar Free Land of Lakes Whipped Cream.

Other Eggface Favorite Protein Shakes and Smoothies

Lunch: Rotisserie Chicken dipped in a Greek Yogurt Dip.

I dip all meats. It helps keep things sliding in the right direction and adds a little extra protein to your meal. This dip is delicious I make a thinner version (add a little more mayo) for a yummy Pimento Chicken Salad another great summer lunch.

Shelly's Pimento Yogurt Dip

3 oz. Fage Greek Yogurt
1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
2 oz. jar Pimientos, drained
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper

Mix in a mini food processor till smooth.

Dinner: My Bacon Wrapped Apricot-Ginger Shrimp Skewers and another one of those Roasted Veggie Caprese Salads I made the other day. Soooo good. Farmer's Market veggies and homegrown tomatoes. Heaven. I have a couple of leftover shrimp and I'm thinking those will become a Tortilla Pizza for lunch today.

Snacks: A couple of those yummy Mini Coffee Protein Donuts and oodles of Coffee.

I spotted a little leak under the sink this AM so guess what I'll be doing today?! Waiting for the plumbers again... great.