Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

My post weight loss surgery yesterday in eating...

Someone tell me what happened to spring?! It was 92°F here yesterday. I need to ease into summer. I'm not ready for heat yet. So my menu consisted of cold foods and little to no cook items. I wasn't feeling standing in front of a hot stove.

Breakfast: This is soooo good. Vanilla, brown sugar cinnamon. Mmmm all the yummy flavors of a gooey icing covered cinnamon roll but waaaay better for you. The Classic Cinnabon is 813 calories, 32 g fat, 117 g carbs and 55 g sugar. Yowza! and to think pre-op I'd eat one of those with extra icing and bring one home for later. This is a much better choice...

Shelly's Cinnamon Bun CLICK Latte

1 cup Soy Milk (any milk will do)
2 scoops CLICK Vanilla Latte Espresso Protein Powder
2 Tablespoons Torani Sugar Free Brown Sugar Cinnamon Syrup
a few Ice Cubes

Whiz in blender till smooth. Top with optional squirt of Sugar Free Whipped Cream and a dash of Cinnamon.

Lunch: I did a little gardening before it got too hot, deheaded roses and made a little bouquet for the kitchen table. I had some computer stuff to do so I filled my super cool bento box and set myself up on the patio with the laptop.

Pink Box (top left): Salami and Provolone
Green Box (top right): Sliced Cucumber
Blue Box (bottom left): Just the Cheese Crunchy Cheese - Grilled Cheese flavor
Orange Box (bottom right): Olives

I make little "sandwiches" with the cucumber slices. Yum.

I did a little more gardening. The tomato plants I planted last month seem to have all taken off. My zucchini and herbs are doing well too. Come July and August I should be swimming in some yummy veggies. I can't wait for those warm from the sun tomatoes and to make those Zucchini Gondolas again.

I came in and assembled this super easy dinner.

Dinner: Foil packet dinners are great when you don't want to heat up the house. I just throw them on the BBQ grill, close the lid (no peeking) and come back 15 minutes later. Clean-up is great too. Score.


Shelly's Herb and Garlic Fish Packet

1 fillet of Cod (any firmer white fish will do: Cod, Halibut, Tilapia, Orange Roughy)
1/2 Zucchini, sliced thin
1 Green Onion, chopped
1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley, chopped
1 Tablespoon Fresh Basil, chopped
2 cloves of Garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Olive Oil or Butter
1 Tablespoon White Wine
squeeze of Lemon
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper
Aluminum foil

Ingredients listed are for one packet multiply it for how many packets you are making. Place all ingredients in the center of a piece of heavy-duty foil (if you are using the $1 store stuff double it) Fold the foil over and seal each packet.

BBQ 15 minutes in covered grill. If the fillet is very thick add 5 minutes. Open packets carefully steam burns are not fun.

Snacks: Oodles of Coffee and a dollop of my Fluff Stuff during American Idol. This time I made Peach Fluff Stuff with peaches canned in natural juice inside. Nom. My favorite is still Black Cherry with Cherries.

I try to post "A day in my pouch" at least once a week to give you a snapshot of *how I eat* post weight loss surgery. Here's some of my past "A day in my pouch" posts.

If you enjoyed this post, I have something fun to share. My pal Nikkie has coordinated a handful of weight loss surgery bloggers and asked them to share their post-op menus today: May 5th. So be sure to pop over to the participating blogs and check out their eats...

Beth at Melting Mama
Pam at Journey to a Healthier Me
Andrea at WLS Vitagarten
Nikkie at Bariatric Foodie
Rob at Former Fat Dudes
and yours truly, Shelly at The World According to Eggface

If you would like to take part in the fun, just blog what you ate today and leave your blog link in the comment section on this post. Not a blogger? Just post your menu (sorry no recipes/copyright issues.)

It's Cinco de Mayo. Lots of tasty things happening here today. I'll post them all manana. Ole'