Saturday, April 9, 2011

Farmer's Market Morning

Just got home from the Farmer's Market. It's a gorgeous morning well if you stay in the sunshine. I wandered into the shade a bit and brrr nippy. Scored a great haul: baby patty pan squash (stuffing them again, soooo good), fresh peas, strawberries (making a batch of my Fluff Stuff), onions, leeks, garlic and avocados (thinking about my Mexican Layered Salad Monday or Tuesday)

I took some pictures. Hopefully they will inspire you to seek out a Farmer's Market in your area. You can click on the pics to get a closer look. If you don't know where your local FM is be sure to hit this link to find out.




Now I'm going to take a hike... literally. My super cool bento box lunch in tow filled with some of my this AM purchases.

Pink Box (top left): Just the Cheese Crunchy Cheese - Grilled Cheese flavor and a Cheesestick
Orange Box (top right): A Red Ripe Strawberry
Blue Box (bottom left): Fresh Peas
Green Box (bottom right): Shelly's Pesto Greek Yogurt Dip (for peas)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

post signature

P.S. If you haven't already entered the Spring CLICK'n Giveaway to win an AWESOME basket of CLICK Espresso Protein goodies. Do it. Here's the 411 on that and don't miss out on the great CLICK sale running this month. Click here for those details.

11 comments:

Blubeari said...

mmmmm. I have a soft spot for little patty pan squash. :-)

Debbiejol said...

Would love to try this product

Hope M said...

I love your farmer's market posts. Our local farmers market doesn't open until the middle of June (northeast farming season) and I'm so looking forward to it.

Your site has been inspirational since my surgery this February. Thank you !!

Denise B. said...

I'm so envious! The Farmer's Markets in Maine don't open for another month or so.... What I wouldn't give for FRESH strawberries and wild Maine blueberries right now!!! I just started seeds in a small green house to grow my own veggies and small watermelons. Come on spring in Maine! We're in the middle of mud season right now! YUCK!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your posts.... I'm almost one year post-op (4-29) and am down 90 pounds.... Husband, Daughter, co-worker and I all enjoy Clik.... I even add a bit of Torani Caramel to mine for that Caramel latte taste... yummmmmmmm Just about to goal weight and you are part of the reason.... Keep up the good work....

Stacey Corss

karsonlee@yahoo.com

DebSandiego said...

I would like to enter for the Click protein contest. My email is debbievathome@hotmail.com. I also "liked" you on Facebook.

Plus I love your blogsite. It has kept me going pre and now post surgery! Thanks!

amy said...

Beautiful pictures. Too bad I live in Michigan. Farmer's Markets don't start around here for another month or 2.

Egyirba said...

Hey Shelly, two questions: (1) Where do you get Unsweetened Coconut Milk (re: click post for frappe--couldn´t leave comment there...disabled) and 2) how do you make those patty pan squash? I´ve never seen them before!

Thanks!

Michelle "Shelly" said...

:) Thanks guys.

***

Egyirba, Unsweetened Coconut Milk either in boxed milk secion, refrigerated near soy, almond milk, or canned.

I cook the patty pans a variety of ways but my latest favorite way is: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2011/03/day-in-my-pouch_23.html

Hope you enjoy them.

~Shelly

Sara said...

Ok question... do you eat all of that from your box at once??? Just curious?? I have had such trouble since surgery getting food in just curious..I know everyone is different, but wanted to ask. Thanks

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Not usually... my bentos are usually a meal & a snack or 2 for the day or a meal and some to share (I usually throw an extra say muffin in because someone will say oooh what's that LOL and I can share)

This one I ate almost all of it... some peas leftover if I remember.

When in doubt discuss portion size with your medical team. Everyone's plan is different.