Weight Loss Surgery & Exercise PSA

Public service announcement to pre-ops and new weight loss surgery post-ops: find an exercise or activity you love to do. If you love it... you will do it. If you don't love it... it's not gonna happen and it needs to happen.

I can't tell you how many pieces of gym equipment, gadgets, DVD systems, etc. have sat collecting dust in my garage until I ended up donating them to someone else who probably used them for a month or so and then put them in their garage to collect dust. I'm sure many of you are currently using your Tony Little Gazelle as a coat rack.

My favorite form of exercise: I love to walk outside. I love the sights, sounds, smells (OK maybe not all the smells that one pile of... never mind.) I love to people watch, dog watch, baby watch, duck watch. We luckily have pretty decent weather here most of the year so almost everyday I can do what I love. Nature, sun, fresh air... it clears my head and invigorates me... but more important than that it's fun and that makes me want to do it. It's my daily treat.

My local park is the place I walk the most. I love the beach (great calf workout) but its an hour drive away, the mall (leave your purse in the car or its a $$$ walk), my neighborhood streets (be careful for crazy drivers), or nearby hiking trails.

Maybe walking is not your thing... maybe it's the gym, Zumba, spinning, swimming, kickboxing, DVDs, treadmill, dance class, dancing in your living room with your kids, shooting hoops, great sex (LOL I'll happily trade my daily walk for more of this), something, whatever it is, find it.

Now... you can do pretty much nada in the beginning post weight loss surgery and you will still lose a pretty significant amount of weight but trust me if you do not make some form of exercise a daily occurrence in your life it won't be long before the scale numbers head in the upwards direction. Do yourself a favor and find something you love.

Money holding you back? Here are a few cheap/free ideas.

Here's some scenes from yesterday's walk...

Canadian Geese (I think) hanging out in the Southern California sun. They like peanuts.

***

Thank you for your continued support on the Progresso Soup Contest. The voting period (aka my suspense) goes on till April 12. You can vote once daily, everyday till then. I'm the girl in the one pant leg. The top 3 vote-getters will win. www.progressosoup.com/souperyou/