Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

My delicious post weight loss surgery day in eating...

Breakfast: I've been hooked on these Shelly's No Guilt, Good For You, Coffee Malted Milkshakes. Way better for your body (and pocketbook) than anything Starbucks has to offer.

I roasted those peppers and onions I picked up at the Farmer's Market on Saturday.

If you have never roasted veggies before you need to do this... not only does it make them incredibly delicious but it also makes them super moist a big bonus for us post-ops.

I use the roasted veggies in oodles of dishes casseroles, dips, soups, tortilla pizzas and salads and they can also be frozen and defrosted at a later date. Here's the how to.

Lunch: Brought my super cool bento box to the park. Some of the roasted veggies along with a bunch of just-picked tomatoes from the garden made it into this spin on Caprese Salad.

Pink Box (top left): Leftover Shelly's Banana Berry Bomb Pop
Green Box (top right): Shelly's Roasted Veggie Caprese Salad
Blue Box (bottom left): Ham and Cheesestick Roll-up
Orange Box (bottom right): Nuts

Shelly's Roasted Veggie Caprese Salad

2 Cups Tomatoes
1/2 cup Fresh Mozzarella
1 Tablespoon Fresh Basil
1 cup Roasted Veggies
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
Kosher Salt to taste
a few twists of Black Pepper
1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinaigrette

Mix everything together.

Dinner: It's hard to make traditional breakfast foods in the morning, cooking everything and then cleaning it all up when you are rushing to get out of the house. I prefer grab and go items like my Bites or a Protein Smoothie in the AM but I love to have breakfast for dinner. Last night I made sausage patties with some of those roasted peppers and scrambled eggs. Soooo good.

Snacks: Oodles of Coffee, an Iced Tea Latte and Sugar-Free Butterscotch Pudding with a crumbled SF Cookie on top.