Stick it

I am currently addicted to these chicken skewers. Sometimes I get on a kick where I can't get enough of one thing. Right now it's these. Hence no "day in my pouch" entry lately because it would have been 3 pictures in a row of these suckers. Seriously.

I guess there are worse things to be stuck on... chicken does have oodles of protein: chicken breast, 3.5 oz - 30 g protein, so it's not only a weight loss surgery friendly meal (can't go wrong with meat on a stick) but chicken is a pretty pocketbook friendly $ meal too (always a good thing) and it's super simple to make.

Shelly's Thai Chicken Skewers

7 Chicken Breast Tenders, defrosted
1 Tablespoon Curry Paste (I use this)
1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce

Place the chicken in a gallon Ziploc bag with the curry paste (the one I use is a delicious mild, curry flavor but no heat) & soy sauce.

Close bag tightly. Massage till marinade has thoroughly coated the chicken pieces. Place in fridge and allow to marinate 1 hour.

Thread onto skewers.

BBQ for 10-12 minutes or so till chicken is done.

Serve with a dollop of Shelly's Cool Yogurt Dip

3 oz. Fage Greek Yogurt (I use 2%, plain)
1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon Garlic, minced
Kosher Salt to taste

Mix together till well combined.

I love to serve these with a side of Madras Lentils which have a mild spice, not hot hot just nice mouth glow heat. They go perfectly with the cool yogurt sauce and makes a perfect dipping combo for the skewers. I get them at Costco. Here's an online source. They heat up in the microwave in 90 seconds.

These are also great for parties, prepped ahead, BBQ'd quickly, portable & fun.

Why is it food always tastes better on a stick?

Shelly's Antipasto Skewers
Shelly's Scampi Skewers
Shelly's Caprese Skewers
Shelly's Orange Pineapple Mini Meatball Skewers
Shelly's Bacon Wrapped Apricot-Ginger Shrimp Skewers
Shelly's Pesto Garlic Shrimp Skewers
Shelly's Greek Chicken Kabobs
Shelly's Sausage & Pepper Skewers