Thursday, January 7, 2010

Lunch & Leftovers

Yesterday's lunch...

Shelly's Sausage & Pepper Skewers - Chicken Basil Italian Sausage sliced & sauteed till golden, roasted Red Onion and Yellow & Red Bell Peppers skewered and Marinara sprinkled with Parmesan for dipping.

Repurposing: Transforming leftovers into something equally as yummy. The goal is for them to taste & look so completely different you don't realize you are having leftovers.

Leftovers "repurposed" into lunch today...

Shelly's Sausage & Pepper Tortilla Pizza - Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat Fajita Size Tortilla topped with Provolone Cheese, Marinara Sauce, roasted Red Onion and Yellow & Red Bell Peppers, sauteed Sausage, a sprinkle of Parmesan Cheese and Italian Seasonings.

Soooo when someone says, "Well you know if you have weight loss surgery you'll never be able to eat good food again." You tell them to come see me ;)

6 comments:

Salem Stitcher said...

Ha! That's what I say to that last statement. People that think that just haven't seen what you can do.

I made your Sheppherd's Pie last night (you know the one with no potatoes and all the yummy cheese and egg topping) and oooh, that was good stuff.

As always, thank you for sharing!

Chelsea's Mom said...

You wouldn't believe how many people I tell to "come see you". Even non-post-ops because the recipes you have are just plain delicious!

Kari said...

Haha..I often tell people to come see you 'cuz you're the awesomest! You're going to be famous one day...even more than you already are!

Melinda said...

Thanks for such great recipes. I make them every evening for my family's dinner. I even have teenagers looking forward to dinner at home now. I do get tired of people saying you don't get to eat good foods, I really enjoy the flavors of food now.

~K said...

I hear that statement a lot and always think to myself, they haven't met EggFace hahah. I made the turkey pizza meatloaf and put it into the mini loaf pan. We reused the leftovers with spaghetti sauce for dinner...kids had ravioli and I had just the meat. Seriously good eating! I <3 your blog Shelly!

Fooseberry said...

Let me clarify-You cut the sausage into bites first then cook??
These look delish by the way.