Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sunny Days

The weather has been unbelievable the past few days. Sunny, low 90°'s. Too good to stay inside. So I've been eating lunch outside. I pack my super cool Bento Box and set myself up in the sun. A yummy lunch and my 15+ minutes of Vitamin D can't beat that.


Pink Box (top left): Shelly's Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
Green Box (top right): Baby Carrots
Blue Box (bottom left): Shelly's PB&J Sushi (w/SF Jam instead of Strawberries) & Cheesestick
Orange Box w/ Blue Silicon Cup (bottom right): Chickpea Hummus


Shelly's Mexican Shrimp Cocktail

1 pound Large Cooked Shrimp (21/25 count), peeled, deveined, tails off
1 Avocado, diced
1/2 cup Pico de Gayo (refrigerated salsa section)
shot of Veggie or Tomato Juice
sprinkle of Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper

Toss all ingredients together. For parties I like to spoon into margarita glasses.

Speaking of my super cool Bento Box... it just got cooler. Check out what I am treating myself to for Christmas. If I can wait that long. There's free shipping right now so I may just grab it. I just can't decide between the flowers and this one.

I'm glad I took advantage of the sunny days this week I hear these times they are a-changing. There's some drizzle in the forecast. I hope it clears up for Saturday. Join me at the annual Tom's Farms Event. Meet new friends, catch up with old pals. Lunch, shopping (Mmmm gourmet cheese shop, veggie stand, the best guacamole), hanging out, support group meeting, protein exchange, clothing exchange. We're in the picnic area. Starts at 9 AM. Contact Katt for more info. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

9 comments:

Deb (Smoothie Girl Eats Too) said...

OK that floral bento box is adorable. If I used "lunch boxes" like I used to do, I would order it in a heartbeat!!

KLTTX said...

That shrimp dish looks awesome. I have the purple one and love it but the flower one sure is cute.

Patti said...

My flower Bento should be there today when I get home! I cannot wait to try your concoctions. That shrimp looks awesome!

Donna said...

Can you eat everything you pack in a Bento in one setting? Just wondering. :) Looks yummy!

Michelle "Shelly" said...

I know flowers or purple. I wish I could do both but errr Christmas is coming. Must pick one.

***

Hey Donna, I eat 1 cup of food at a sitting so this ended up being lunch and a snack (the PB& J Sushi YUM & Cheesestick) for later. Sometimes what is pictured is shared too... always go with what your Dr. or Nut suggests as portion sizes.

~M

~K said...

OMG my mom just got me that flower bento box! :) She said it would be good for portion control. I <3 her!

The shrimp looks awesome!!

chpdlivr said...

I use my bento box every day.....it's awsome. If it wasn't for your suggestions, Shelly, it would be the same thing day in and day out.
Can you just purchase the case without the bento? It's a bit confusing to me.
pat

Michelle "Shelly" said...

K, Isn't that floral one so pretty. Did you see the alien one for kids? They are fun. One of the new ones is going to be my Christmas present to me ;)

***

Hey Pat, Yep you can buy the whole set box, utensils, bottle, carrying bag (the new version 2.0 is around $39 (w/ free shipping right now) or just the inside box stuff.

or you can by the 1.0 (the one I currently have) or just the inside stuff... box, utensils. No drink bottle, no case.

The 2.0 with case & everything seems to be the best deal right now.

Just a note: 1.0 stuff doesn't fit in the new 2.0 cases. So if you are mix & matching be sure you get the right versions.

Hope this helps,
~M

Donna said...

Shelley...I was just wondering. I am 10yrs out, and my Dr no longer does the RNY (long story, he was fired from his practice) and my NUT is well, I never had one, lol. I am always curious to know how much people can hold. I still have a lot of restriction and struggle with over-eating/purging, but THAT is a whole different post (which I would be glad to discuss via e-mail, lol) Anyways, I was just curious! Thanks!