Saturday, November 14, 2009

Eggnog Latte

Went on a hike and picnic today. I'm soooo tired but tired in a good way. Weather was great. Sunny but crisp perfect for hiking and I kept up with the group thanks to weight loss surgery! Came home and am now chatting with WLS Twibe pals and sipping this. Mmmm...


Shelly's Eggnog Latte

About 6 oz. of Strong Brewed Coffee or Espresso (I used this)
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Vanilla - on sale now)
1/2 cup Soy Nog
dash of Nutmeg

Brew coffee (I used a short K-cup draw) and add SF Syrup. Meanwhile place Soy Nog in a 2 cup measure (it expands when it's heated so a 2 cup measure will avoid spill over.) Microwave for 30 seconds. Fluff with this to create foam. Nuke 30 seconds more. Pour Soy Nog into coffee and top with Nog foam. Sprinkle with nutmeg.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your recipes so much....thanks for all the great info you give. Have you tried the "spicy eggnog" K cups? I love it!!!!

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Awww Thanks so much. Yes. They were in a great holiday pack with French Toast (also yummy). My Mum loves that one. My favorite holiday flavor K cup so far is Gingerbread.

~M

d said...

Soy nog! Where do you find it? AND...how do you like your Keurig? I am thinking of getting one for "roomie" for Xmas. He is a coffee snob AND junkie! lol

Michelle "Shelly" said...

d, Love love love the Keurig. I was worried I wouldn't I love my own special coffees/teas not available in k cups but they have this cool "my k cup" thingee that lets you use any coffee or loose leaf tea plus I love all the different k cups they have... they have tons. Favs are Kona and in tea Pear Rooibos. My starbucks budget has been cut in half maybe more. My creations are better & cheaper. He will love it.

Soy Nog is available for a limited time of the year... November to January or so. Available most places Silk Soy Milk is sold. Sometimes they put it with the soy milk sometimes with the egg nogs. My regular supermarket carries it.

~M

mary brockmeyer said...

I've been loving the Via packets from Starbucks - mixed with a tall glass of cold milk and a scoop of chocolate protein powder - perfect afternoon pick-me-up.

Molly said...

Sounds yummy! And cute mug too or is it a white mug with a sweater?

Catherine said...

I am in love with the French Toast k-cups. I also love my little aerator. My coffee isn't the same without it!