Little Trees

Spent most of the day yesterday staring at the computer screen working on a project that is making my brain feel like mashed potatoes. I needed an easy dinner. Here's what I came up with...

Shelly's Broccoli Salad

3 cups fresh Broccoli florets
1 cup Grilled Chicken, sliced
1/4 cup Cashews, halved
1/4 cup Raisins
1/4 cup Bacon Bits (I used Hormel 30% Less Fat Real Bacon Bits)

I used uncooked broccoli (love me some raw veggie nutrients) in this salad but if you are earlier out I would steam or boil the broccoli, then chill. Combine all ingredients and toss with dressing.


Shelly's Sweet Onion & Yogurt Dressing

1/4 cup any Vidalia Onion Salad Dressing (I use this)
1/4 cup Fage Greek Yogurt
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper

Mix dressing ingredients together.

Pour over remaining ingredients. Toss till combined.


Highlights of the Day:

* The Farmer's Market was great this morning. I bought 3 packs of the sweetest Strawberries, Red, Yellow and Green Onions, Garlic, 2 Heirloom Tomato Plants (the start of my 2009 garden), Zucchini and Summer Squash, Mixed Greens, oh and some Avocados and some Apples... ummm... yeah that's all. I've got a few yummy ideas for the week.

* Hitting Lowes with a $10 off coupon to buy my dirt. Yay. Starting my garden. Only planting tomatoes (about 10), zucchini (only 3 'cause they are mad crazy growers and 3 will make enough zucchini for the neighborhood) and herbs (basil, thyme, parsley, cilantro, dill) this year. Sure things. Mmmm I can't wait nothing like warm tomatoes from the garden.

* Thinking I'll pack up a bento for dinner and find someplace cool to watch the sun set. 7-ish PST maybe stay till I see a star to make a wish on. I think last time I wished on a star it was really a plane I need to be sure this time ;)

Listening to: Blackstreet (featuring Dr. Dre) "No Diggity" Old school.