Healthy Lunch Ideas: Warm & Gooey Turkey Avocado Cheese Rollup

Roll-ups are one of my favorite post-op lunches. I used to eat them cold (still do sometimes) but one day I was lamenting the lack of grilled cheese sandwiches in my post-op life and I thought let's throw this sucker in a pan and get some cheesy goo going on.

I serve these roll-ups on their own or with a small salad. Other cold cut combos are yummy too. Roast Beef, Swiss, and Avocado is another favorite of mine and Ham, Swiss, a smear of Mustard and Dill Pickle. This particular combo of Turkey, Swiss, Avocado is great paired with a baby spinach salad topped dried cranberries, a few toasted almonds and a balsamic vinaigrette.

Low Carb Grilled Cheese replacement No Bread Sandwich
Shelly's Melted Roll-up

Turkey Breast, slice
Swiss Cheese, slice
Avocado, slices

Lay turkey on plate. Top with cheese and a couple of slices of avocado. Roll-up. Secure with toothpick if needed. Pan saute for a few minutes on each side till golden and cheese is gooey.

Variations: sometimes I add a sliced green chili (Ortega Whole Mild Green Chilies in the can) instead or in addition to the avocado.

Highlights of the Day:

* Speaking of cheese... I'm a happy girl. Costco had my Fresh Asiago Cheese (Asiago Pressato) back in. Asiago Pressato is one of Italy's protected-origin cheeses meaning it can only be made in a specific region of Italy (in this case northeastern Italy.) It's made from cow's milk, it's semi-soft and buttery and worth every lactose intolerant moment ;) LOL. Most people are familiar with Aged Asiago (Asiago d'allevo) but that is a different cheese hard like Parmesan. If you can find Asiago Pressato in your area try it. You will be hooked. It's yummy on it's own or melted on one of my tortilla pizzas.

* Ha. Gordon Ramsey has a new book out. You know the "Hell's Kitchen" dude that curses a lot. My favorite quote from the book... "WATCH THE F***ING CARBS! Christ almighty."

I think I'm going to make that a magnet and put it on my fridge. LOL ;) Wise words.

* Right now. An especially good cup of coffee with a splash of Sugar Free Vanilla Torani Syrup in it. Chocolate Protein Waffles heating up in the toaster. Eating them with sliced bananas, Sugar Free Maple Syrup and a squirt of No Sugar Added Whipped Cream. Going to get paid $ for doing something fun today. Can't beat that! Then I'm going to go walk around the lake and feed the ducks. I found an open bag of Sugar Free Cookies that aren't quite fresh enough to eat anymore (I use them in some of my protein ice cream recipes) but I'm sure the ducks won't complain.