Lunch too good to trade

I could eat salads like this everyday. I love to make a batch and store it in the fridge for a quick and easy lunch or snack. The great thing about bean salads are they get even better the next day when the ingredients get a chance to love on one another for awhile.


Shelly's 4 Bean Salad

1 (15 oz. can) Garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas, Ceci), rinsed & drained
8 oz. Storebought Four Bean Salad in a Vinaigrette Dressing (find in the Deli Department)
1 cup Roasted Veggies (click on link for how to)
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper to taste

Mix together. Refrigerate. Pretty simple, eh?


My lunch: a scoop of 4 Bean Salad and a Turkey & Swiss Roll-up. Yum.


Highlights of the Day:

* I'm excited. My Mum and I are planning a trip to the Grand Canyon. I have never been and have always wanted to... probably ever since the Brady Bunch episode when Bobby and Cindy smuggle the Native American boy baked beans in their flashlight.

* Part work day, part fun day. The way life should be. I have a job to do today that is taking me near the ocean so I'm packing this lunch and going to eat it staring at the crashing waves of the blue Pacific. I'm packing lunch today in these because the super cool bento box I ordered hasn't arrived yet.

* Right now. Getting ready to start my day. Listening to tunes. Sipping a cup of coffee with a splash of Sugar Free Irish Cream Torani Syrup because it's National Irish Coffee Day and I am a complete goober that must celebrate all wacky holidays. It was a little too early (even for me) for Whiskey. Maybe later. So this was as close as I could do.

Listening to: "Fix You" Coldplay