Seven Fishes and Christmas Wishes

This is round one of the Feast of the Seven Fishes tonight...


Shelly's Fiesta Shrimp Cocktail

Jumbo Shrimp, cooked and chilled
Cucumber, chopped
a dollop of Pico de Gallo (find in the refrigerator section premade or make your own)
Avocado, diced
Vegetable Juice (I use bottled Knudsen Very Veggie)
squeeze of Lime
sprinkle of Kosher Salt
Optional but yummy: dash of hot sauce (I heart Cholula)

Toss shrimp with veggies and spoon into martini glasses (I do 5-6 shrimp per glass). Pour a shot glass of juice over top, a squeeze of lime, sprinkle of salt and a dash of Cholula.


This is a killer meal for us weight loss surgery post-ops. Shrimp = oodles of protein. A four ounce serving of shrimp supplies 23 grams of protein.

I love this too because we can feel "normal" eating the exact same thing as everyone else at the get-together. This is great at the holidays because of the red and green colors but it's also super yummy as a first course or side with steaks at a summer BBQ.


Highlights of the day:

* It's Christmas Eve. Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and the Happiest New Year! I hope Santa is good to you all.

* My bro reloaded my Starbucks card. Does my family know me or what?!

* An entire day of seafood dishes awaits. Curling up under fuzzy blankets watching Christmas themed movies. Burning "Sugar Cookie" scented candles. Going for a bundled up winter walk tonight to look at Christmas lights. Coming home to a SF Hot Cocoa w/ a splash of SF Peppermint Torani Syrup in it. Eating a few yummy weight loss friendly treats (Mmmm Sugar Free Peppermint Bark Popcorn.) Chatting with loved ones.

Listening to: "If Today Was Your Last Day" Nickelback. I love this song.