Thursday, September 4, 2008

Chocolate Monkey Protein Brownies

I don't do white flour or sugar so obviously that makes baked goods hard to replicate. I was very pleased with these. Cakey and moist. If you love Chocolate and Banana together this is a must try. They are a great portable breakfast or snack. Very filling.


Shelly's Chocolate Monkey Protein Brownies

1/3 cup Peanut Butter
2 ripe Bananas, mashed (medium sized)
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Vanilla)
2 Tablespoons Milk (I used Vanilla Soy Milk)
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Maple Syrup
2 1/2 cups Oatmeal, dry
2 scoops Chocolate Protein Powder
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding Mix, dry
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/3 cup Almond Flour

In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork until smooth. Add peanut butter, soy milk, vanilla, syrup and maple syrup and mix well. Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined. Press into a parchment paper lined pyrex dish and bake for 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees. Allow to cool and cut into squares.





Other Eggface Chocolate & Banana yumminess:

Shelly's Chocolate Monkey Pancakes
Shelly's Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Protein Ice Cream
Shelly's Chocolate Monkey Protein Smoothie

17 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm am in the process of getting gastric bypass surgery. I love your recipes. Can I come live with you? lol

Michelle "Shelly" said...

LOL Jenn, Do you iron? I hate to iron. ;)

Best wishes!! Having surgery was truly the best gift I ever gave myself. I hope you will feel the same way! ~Michelle

Doug said...

I'm curious as to how the 350° baking affects the protein? I use Unjury™ and it says not to get it above 130° lest the proteins be destroyed.

Great looking recipe in any case!

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hey Doug, You might want to check the Unjury site again but I believe they say no higher 130 in hot liquids and that it can clump (like egg whites) not degrade. It's not an issue in baking. As for heating protein in general... I figure we cook steak and chicken and that is a protein ;) Hope this helps, ~Michelle

Vikki said...

I bet they taste a great deal like Cow patty cookies. The peanut butter,chocolate and oatmeal no bake cookies we all had as kids.
Each of my classes made them every Christmas. Sure wish I could have the oatmeal.
Have a great Thursday
Vikki

Debbie Y. said...

A brownie is a brownie is a brownie and I love you for your brownie recipes. I am a brownie addict and I bought a Splenda cookbook just for the brownie recipe. Am I nuts or what? Oh yeah I may put a few walnuts in mine. I wonder how that would change the taste.

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hope you guys enjoy them!

Nuts are going in my next batch. I think a 1/4 cup or so would be fine... these are pretty moist and I think they could handle that many without changing the recipe at all.

~Michelle

tara said...

yuuummmm.... I'm making these tomorrow. And my fave part?? no soy flour. I've decided I really don't like the stuff.

and um, why is your oven so CLEAN with all the cooking you do??? can you please come do mine? thank you. hurry please....

Barb Del Piano said...

Me want MONKEY BROWNIES!! YUM YUM!!

Amy from MN said...

Shelly, is there another option in lieu of almond flour? I'm allergic to almonds so I've never tried the flour but I'd be scared to.

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hey Amy,

If you do white flour you could do that or whole wheat... or soy flour.

~Michelle

claudia said...

Michelle, when you indicate the pudding, are you talking instant or cook & serve sugar free? Thanks!

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hey Claudia, I used Instant but I dare say it wouldn't make a difference... its mostly for the flavoring and sweetener. Hope you ejoy them!
~Michelle

Anonymous said...

Did you mean sugar free maple syrup or Torani SF maple syrup?

Anonymous said...

You used real peanut butter or PB2?? I tried the PB2 and ....it didn't come out very good (also I used wheat flour)

babysmyles said...

I have made this recipe a bunch of times and I just wanted to let you know I love love love it... sooo delicious and I feel good about eating them with the ingredients being good for me and something my body will use. Thank you Shelly I hope that you will publish a recipe book someday with all your speciality recipes... maybe we should open a food truck specializing in all your delicious creations.... thank you so much!

NitaU said...

shelly, have you ever broken this down into WW points plus?