Monday, September 1, 2008

PB&J Oatmeal

I ate this for breakfast yesterday morning and did not even think of food again till the afternoon. Very satisfying and super yummy! Kids would especially love this one.



Shelly's PB&J Oatmeal

1 cup Oatmeal (McCann's Steel Cut Quick Cook Irish Oatmeal accept no substitute)
2 1/3 cups Water
Pinch of Salt
1/3 cup Milk (I use Vanilla Soy Milk)
1/2 teaspoon Butter
1-2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter, nuked
1-2 Tablespoons SF Jelly (I use Smucker's Simply Fruit Strawberry), nuked

Combine the oatmeal, water and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the milk and butter. Stir well and cook for 1 minute. Meanwhile nuke peanut butter and jelly for about 25 seconds each. Stir in warmed peanut butter and jelly. Serve immediately with a little more milk.

Other Eggface ways to get your PB&J fix:

Shelly's Peanut Butter and Jelly Protein Ice Cream
Shelly's PB&J Ice Cream Pancakes

8 comments:

Debbie Y. said...

Are you able to eat the whole thing? Looks yummy, you know me and PB&J! I have not been able to find the steel cut oats yet, but I am still looking.

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hey debbie, The recipe makes enough for 2 (one non-op and me) people. Trader Joe's carries McCann's the cheapest around here. ~Michelle

Ms Macky said...

YUM!!!! I wish I lived near you!!!
I wish I could cook like you. Hey Shelley do you care if add a link for "Shelley's Recipes"? I can't tell people what to eat. I have WAEF on there but want a little link to recipes.
Lemme know Ms Macky

Kim blog.mackyplanet.com

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hey Kim, Thanks for the link I'm honored (it's Shelly without the 'e')

Anonymous said...

you are such an inspiration... my surgery is this week There is a great product out there called BP2 powered PB by bell plantation it is very good

Diane said...

Yumm! I have never used McCann's quick-cook. I will have to give it a shot. I use their traditional which takes FOREVER to cook.

I made the vanilla cococnut ice cream yesterday....OMG! I even HAD to order another freezer bowl so I could ALWAYS be making ice cream. The kids are loving it too!

ms macky said...

Fixed the e

Heather said...

That sounds yum-o. i just started purees today and I think I am making it for breakfast!!