Thursday, July 24, 2008

Protein Ice Cream Recipes: When life gives you lemons...

When life gives you lemons... you make Lemon Meringue Pie Protein Ice Cream. I made a batch of this for dessert last night... well and ummm breakfast this morning. Soooo good. This one would be especially great after a seafood dinner.

Healthy Desserts Protein Powder Recipes Weight Loss Surgery Gastric Bypass Sleeve Food Blog

Shelly's Lemon Meringue Pie Protein Ice Cream

1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (or Regular Milk)
2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Jello Instant Lemon Pudding Powder, dry
a few drops of Lemon Extract (careful a little goes a long way)
4-6 Sugar Free Lemon Cookies (I used these), broken in pieces
Optional: a little fresh Lemon Zest

Mix together milk, protein, pudding mix, extract and optional zest. I used this gadget to mix it up. It makes it airy and lump free. Pour into ice cream maker. Follow your machine's instructions for freezing. 1 minute before done add the crumbled cookies (the faux pie crust.) You can eat it right away it is soft serve-ish but I like to put it in the freezer (in a Tupperware) to set for an hour or so.

I topped it with a little squirt of No Sugar Added Homemade Whipped Cream. 

More Protein Ice Cream Recipes


Flying Sarah said...

Learn from watermelon in the basket!!! And no you did not just go there...lemon ice cream...yummy.

debbie from Boston said...

OMG. I so understand the toenail dilema! Hope you got a comfy seat for that bike. Five miles for the first ride....Ouch. :-) Enjoy.

DCY said...

Lemon Meringue Pie Ice Cream, yummy!

5 mile bike ride, I agree I hope the seat is comfy.

I can now too paint my toenails without gasping for breath, I just don't. The smell of fingernail polish gives me a migraine. Does the polish not do the same for you? I guess that is not one of your triggers.

Tara said...

Can't wait to see a pic of your bike! I think you need to do a video on your ice cream. I swear I can't get mine to look like yours EVER! So frustrating!!! ;)

Tara said...

I added a pic of my bike to my blog:

Barb Del Piano said...

5 miles! GOD I hope you got a BREEZE going on today!! WE WANT PIC's!! Oh, and your posts are making me drool! YUMMU IN THE TUMMY! PEDAL FOREST......PEDAL!!!