Monday, July 14, 2008

Tiramisu Ice Cream Sandwiches


Shelly's Tiramisu Protein Ice Cream

1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (or Regular Milk)
1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
1 scoop Click Espresso Protein (If you don't have Click 1 scoop of Chocolate Protein Powder plus a 1/2 teaspoon of Instant Espresso Powder would work)
1/4 cup Mascarpone Cheese
1 Tablespoon Kahlua (yeah I used the real deal but you could also use DaVinci's SF Kahlua Syrup)
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Vanilla)

Mix Mascarpone, Kahlua and SF Syrup Together. Mix together milk and protein powders together. I used this gadget to mix it up. It makes it airy and lump free. Pour into ice cream maker. Follow your machine's instructions for freezing. 5 minutes before done add the flavored mascarpone. You can eat it right away it is soft serve-ish but I like to put it in the freezer to set for an hour or so.

After it set for an hour I used a small ice cream scoop to make Mini Protein Ice Cream Sandwiches with my favorite Newman's Own Organic Cinnamon Sugar Soy Crisps. I left these plain but you could roll the sides in crushed nuts or toasted unsweetened coconut for a different look and taste. Eat them right away or toss them back in the freezer. These are like little bites of heaven. Soooo good!

Whenever I think of Tiramisu I think of that scene in "Sleepless in Seattle" where Jay (Rob Reiner) is helping Sam (Tom Hanks) get back into the dating scene.

Sam Baldwin: What is "tiramisu"?
Jay: You'll find out.
Sam: Well, what is it?
Jay: You'll see!
Sam: Some woman is gonna want me to do it to her and I'm not gonna know what it is!

3 comments:

DCY said...

I wonder Newman's Own offers a peanut butter flavored soy crisp. I would then make just some plain vanilla ice cream to make ice cream sandwiches. I am not really into the coffees, kahlua's and cinnamon, but I am sure the rest of your readers will indulge.

I left you an award over at my blog! Go grab it!

Barb Del Piano said...

YUMMY! This is so Italian!! Nick LOVES Tiramisu! Gotta make this for him when they come up in about 2 weeks! THANKS!!

Cindy said...

I always think of that scene when I hear "tiramisu," too! And when I saw that movie in the theater, I had no idea what it was!! When it came on TV maybe a year later and I saw that scene again, then I did know what tiramisu was!! LOL!