Wednesday, July 30, 2008


Shelly's Mango Protein Ice Cream

1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (or Regular Milk)
2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Vanilla Syrup
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Mango Syrup
1/2 cup Frozen Mango Chunks, defrosted and chopped

Mix together milk, protein and syrups. I used this gadget to mix it up. It makes it airy and lump free. Pour into ice cream maker. Follow your machine's instructions for freezing. 5 minutes before done add the chopped fruit.

You can eat it right away it is soft serve-ish but I like to put it in the freezer (in a tupperware) to set for an hour or so.


DCY said...

Do you know that I have never tasted a mango. I am deprived. I haven't eaten fruits much over the years. I am getting my fill of them now. I absolutely love watermelon, cantaloupe, pears and green apples.

shannon said...

I have spent the last few days reading your recipes and your blog. It is wonderful. I will be trying some of your recipes this coming week. Have to go to the store first.

Wanted to let you know if you ever need a Sabritos fix send a quick shout. They are in every store you go in here in Central Texas.

morbidly obtuse said...

I started searching for WLS blogs yesterday. I happened across yours today. I have to say it's one of my favorites! I can't wait to try some of the recipes! I'm still pre-op, but I'll be joining the ranks on September 16th. I'm super excited!

I just wanted to say, I love your blog, and your recipes look so yummy! Congrats on a size 6! That's some feat!

Anonymous said...

Just made this and added banana, pretty amazing I really didn't think it would turn out so good. Thanks for the recipe and everything else!

songbird5769 said...

How much icecream does it make and how much is considered a serving? Looks yummy!!

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Serving really depends... so it's basically a protein shake so it could technically be one but there's no way you can eat it in one serving... 2, 3 maybe. Churning adds air, density. I don't give servings that's something you & your medical team decide. I'm the idea girl ;)