Friday, December 21, 2007

Meatballs 2 ways

My easy "I don't feel like cooking meal" usually starts out with Foster Farms Turkey Meatballs. Three meatballs are 18 g. protein.

Last night I used them in Meatballs Stroganoff and the day before they were the topping on a Tortilla Pizza. Yes, my homemade meatballs are 10x better but those are time consuming. These are quick, easy, tasty. Try them.


Shelly's Meatballs Stroganoff

1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1/2 Yellow Onion, diced
2 Green Onions, chopped
8 ounces fresh Mushrooms (preferably crimini), sliced
2 tablespoons Flour
1 Tablespoon Butter
1 1/2 cup Beef or Mushroom Broth,
2 Tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon Dry Onion Soup Mix
Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste.
1/2 cup Sour Cream

8-10 Turkey (or Beef Meatballs), cooked

Saute onions and mushrooms in olive oil till golden. Add butter and flour. Cook for 1 minute. Add broth, dry soup mix, salt & pepper. Bring to boil. Stir in sour cream and parsley. Drop cooked meatballs in sauce. Stir to coat and heat through.

Serve on top a bed of Cabbage (I boil it then lightly fry it till golden)


Meatball Tortilla Pizza topped with turkey meatballs, marinara, provolone, parmesan and Italian seasonings.


sparklingsue said...

Hi Shelly!
I just had to tell you I made your Meatball Stroganoff and cabbage last night and it was fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing you WLS friendly recipes! I love them all!

Drive it like you STOLE it!! said...

This is by FAR my favorite way to make these meatballs. Another HIT with my daughter. The cabbage was SO much tastier than using noodles and we only sauted it in a little olive salt or pepper even because of how intensely flavored the sauce was. Wow. SO good. Thanks again, Shelly.