October is National Popcorn Month


Some Dr.'s are anti popcorn but it's OK on my plan. I have it a couple of times a month and definitely at the movies ;) I was cleared for all foods as tolerated at 8 weeks but I did hold out till about 4 months for popcorn. As always heed the advice of your medical posse.

Popcorn facts:

Popcorn is a whole grain.

Popcorn is a good source of fiber.

Air-popped popcorn has only 31 calories per cup. Oil-popped is only 55 per cup.

Corn is one of the world's healthiest foods


Looking to spice up your popcorn?

Garlic powder
Parmesan cheese
Thyme
Cumin
Oregano
Dry taco seasoning mix
Greek Seasoning
Dry ranch-style seasoning mix
Lemon pepper
Basil
Marjoram
Crushed rosemary
Summer savory
Sage
Fennel
Cinnamon
Nutmeg

My favorite is Parmesan cheese, Garlic powder, and Oregano.

I buy the Orville Redenbacher Smart Pop 100 calorie mini bags. One bag has 100 calories, 2 grams of fat, 4 grams of dietary fiber, and 3 grams of protein.