Sunday, October 28, 2007

Back in the saddle

Well now I feel like I'm getting back to normal. I cooked a little last night. Thought I'd share my latest weight loss surgery friendly recipe experiment. It was really good and very low carb for those watching those. I served it with peas which went really well. A little salad might be a nice side with it but my battery had run low by then and frozen peas were all I could muster.

Plastic surgery kicks your butt lemme tell ya. For most of the day I feel like I was run over, backed up on and run over again. RNY was nothing like this. I feel a bit better each day but it really is baby steps.

Shelly's Chicken and Artichoke Bake

1 cup Leeks, chopped
1/2 Yellow Onion, chopped
2 Green Onions, chopped
4-5 Crimini Mushrooms, sliced
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 boneless skinless Chicken Breasts, sliced into 1" pieces
1 can (13.75 oz.) Artichoke Hearts (non-marinated), chopped
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1 cup (plus two tablespoons) Italian Blend Cheese, divided use
1 Tablespoon Italian dry Bread Crumbs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Saute onions and leeks till golden. Add mushrooms and seasonings and cook 1 minute more. Remove from pan. Saute chicken until golden and cooked through. Add onions and mushrooms back to pan. Mix artichokes, mayo, cheese, bread crumbs together combine with onions and chicken mixture. Pour into a casserole dish. Sprinkle with 2 Tablespoons of Shredded Cheese. Bake 30 minutes.


Melting Mama said...

Although I am palpitating whilst looking at it - I Want Some.

chakragirl06 said...

Made this last night......omg, delish!! It was warm & yummy!

Keep'em coming! You're a genius!

How are you doing? Hopefully each day gets better!

I'm listening to the "Best of Sting & the Police today! "Englishman in New York!"

Hope you're having a wonderful day!!

DocB said...

Made this for late lunch/early dinner today. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO delicious!!
Thanks again for posting all the recipes, especially for doing it while you are post-op! Hope you are healing quickly!


DocB said...

Oh, and made it with Shitakes instead of criminis. Was very good!


EllaBell99 said...

I am so glad you are feeling a bit better... soon you will be ALL better and looking great! The dish looks DEEE-LISH! Can't wait to try it. :) Take care! ~ Courtney :)

Vicki Nicole said...

I'm wondering if I can just come live with you
I don't cook
at all

but the food you make loooks sooooo good and I want to taste it soooooo bad and the only way that will happen is if I come live you.

*Teresa* said...

I made your Chicken Artichoke Bake tonight. My son loved it and so did I. YUUUUUUMY! I can't wait for Sunday...I'm going to make your Chicken Chop Suey then. I am feeling fabulous, and you are an inspiration. Thank you!

(P.S. I found so many of the ingredients I was looking for by checking out health food stores I didn't even know existed. I mean - what fat woman notices the health food stores in town...LOL!)