Back in the saddle

Well now I feel like I'm getting back to normal. I cooked a little last night. Thought I'd share my latest weight loss surgery friendly recipe experiment. It was really good and very low carb for those watching those. I served it with peas which went really well. A little salad might be a nice side with it but my battery had run low by then and frozen peas were all I could muster.

Plastic surgery kicks your butt lemme tell ya. For most of the day I feel like I was run over, backed up on and run over again. RNY was nothing like this. I feel a bit better each day but it really is baby steps.


Shelly's Chicken and Artichoke Bake

1 cup Leeks, chopped
1/2 Yellow Onion, chopped
2 Green Onions, chopped
4-5 Crimini Mushrooms, sliced
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 boneless skinless Chicken Breasts, sliced into 1" pieces
1 can (13.75 oz.) Artichoke Hearts (non-marinated), chopped
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1 cup (plus two tablespoons) Italian Blend Cheese, divided use
1 Tablespoon Italian dry Bread Crumbs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Saute onions and leeks till golden. Add mushrooms and seasonings and cook 1 minute more. Remove from pan. Saute chicken until golden and cooked through. Add onions and mushrooms back to pan. Mix artichokes, mayo, cheese, bread crumbs together combine with onions and chicken mixture. Pour into a casserole dish. Sprinkle with 2 Tablespoons of Shredded Cheese. Bake 30 minutes.