Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world. Yesterday's healthy and delicious menu...

Breakfast: Had some appointments and I wanted to get a walk in. I like to exercise in the AM in the summer... so I'm sure it happens before it gets HOT. Too easy to let it slide when the temps warm up during the day. I was thankful I spent some time Sunday doing meal planning and some food prep for the week, I got up at the crack of dawn and took a couple of the Cinnamon Churro Ricotta Pancakes I had made, smeared with Almond Butter wrapped in foil and a Protein Shake in my Blender Bottle with me on my walk. Got back, showered and was out the door to my appointments feeling good about the day already. Note to self: must remember this feeling.


More Eggface Pancakes
7 Protein Packed Breakfast On-The-Go Recipes


Lunch: I chopped up some grilled chicken (made this Sunday too) and turned it a healthy Mexican taco bento box lunch. It was gorgeous yesterday perfect weather for lunch outside.


I'm glad I enjoyed it because it's going to be hideous weather this week I hear... triple digits and muggy. I'm going to make Protein Ice Cream and eat it sitting in front of the fan in my bathing suit and call it a day ;) I'm planning ahead a bit. I just sauteed some ground beef and onions thinking I will make a batch of my Bites (Crustless Quiches) to have on hand and maybe I'll get some salad stuff at the Wednesday Farmer's Market tomorrow if I can get away for a little bit.


Pink Box (top left): Leftover Grilled Chicken
Green Box (top right): Spicy Yogurt Dip (Plain Greek Yogurt with a few dashes of Cholula Hot Sauce)
Blue Box (bottom left): Lettuce Leaf "Taco Shells"
Orange Box (bottom right): Chocolate Chipotle Almond Quest Bar Protein "Cookies"

Ooooh these Chocolate Chipotle Almond Quest Bar cookies are soooo good. So basically you just follow my Quest Bar Cookie directions but when you take them out of the oven and press them down at the first 3 minute mark, press 1 almond in the middle too. They go back in for the final 3 minutes. Remove and give the nut another little press to make sure it's stuck like glue. I used Blue Diamond Honey Chipotle Almonds on Chocolate Brownie Quest Bars.


More Bento Box lunches, FAQ's and an Online Source for them
My Bento Pinterest Page (Tons of Lunch Ideas)

Dinner: Cauliflower Pie is one of my favorite post weight loss surgery dinners. So easy and very family friendly. Eat as is or top with tomato sauce and cheese and broil till melty and bubbly. If you have a few peas or mushrooms or some random veggie (1/4 cup or so) bumping around in the fridge throw it in for a change up. I used up green onions this time.


More Eggface Healthy Italian Recipes

Snacks: Coffee including a Starbucks Grande Iced 3-pump Sugar Free Vanilla Soy Latte (my summer order) on the road and in the evening I cut up a Mango and made some of that yummy Spiced Chai Dip I make with Fit Frappe and my Mum and I gobbled it up while watching the Real Housewives scream about something. I needed something mindless and RH fits the bill.


More Days in my Pouch

post signature