A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts (I try and post them every few days) to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world.

Breakfast: I made a Breakfast Egg Bowl. Scrambled Egg, a dollop of Pico de Gallo (like salsa but chunkier and less saucy, find it in the refrigerator section) and a sprinkle of Colby Jack Cheese.


Lunch: Leftover BBQ Brisket became Shelly's Cowboy Tortilla Pizza: Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat Fajita Size Tortilla, a smear of leftover Refried Beans, the Brisket, a sprinkle of Cheese. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. Add a teaspoon of BBQ sauce drizzle and broil for about a minute.

More Tortilla Pizzas  

Dinner: Fish Taco Foil Dinner Packet. Tilapia (any white fish will do, Roughy, Cod), Pico de Gallo, Green Onion, McCormick Perfect Pinch Salt Free Fiesta Citrus Seasoning, tightly wrapped in foil and BBQ'd 20 minutes (adjust up slightly if using really thick piece of fish.)


Open carefully. Add Avocado, a dollop of Shelly's Cilantro Slaw, Greek Yogurt, sprinkle of Cheese, squeeze of Lime. Southern Californians get this. It's a San Diego thing. Trust me it's delicious.

More Foil Packet Dinners

Snacks: Cups of coffee and you know that Trader Joe's Cold Brewed Coffee Concentrate I shared the other day. I used it to make a yummy dip for apples.


Shelly's Caramel Macchiato Apple Dip

4 oz. Greek Yogurt
1 Tablespoon-ish (to taste) Trader Joe's Cold Brewed Coffee Concentrate
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Caramel Syrup

Mix together. Dip sliced apples or eat as is. Mix some protein powder in for more bang for your buck. 

More days in my pouch.
 
post signature