Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

Yesterday's super yummy post weight loss surgery day in eating...

Breakfast: Made a batch of my Sausage Pancake Bites actually I made six sausage and six I topped with a teaspoon of Apple Compote.

Shelly's Pancake Bites

1/2 cup Multigrain Pancake Mix, dry
1/3 cup Soy Milk (any milk would do)
1/4 cup Torani Sugar Free Caramel Syrup

Optional Toppings
1/3 cup Cooked Sausage Crumbles
2 Slices Cooked Bacon
Fresh Fruit
Apple Compote

Mix pancake mix, milk, syrup together till thoroughly combined. Pour batter into a 12 cup mini muffin tin that has been sprayed with Pam. Fill about 3/4 way up. Top each muffin with optional toppings.

Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes or until golden. Serve with SF Maple syrup for dipping.

Lunch: A Mozzarella Cheese Stick and this yummy Coconut Cream Protein Shake...

Shelly's Coconut Cream Protein Shake

1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (or Regular Milk)
1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Coconut Torani Syrup
2 Tablespoons Light Coconut Milk
2-3 cubes of Ice

Whiz in blender till smooth. Top with a squirt No Sugar Added Homemade Whipped Cream and sprinkle of Unsweetened Coconut, optional.

This was delicious... only needed a little rum ;), warm sunshine, a sandy beach, a HOT cabana boy to make it perfect.

Coconut not your thing? Here's some other favorite protein shake recipes.

Dinner: I christened my last year's Christmas gift to myself, my Kiwi Green Le Creuset Round French Oven with a big pot of soup. Praying I don't drop this sucker on my toe ever, holy moly it's heavy. This soup seriously tastes like a Bacon Cheeseburger. Try it, it's soooo good.


Shelly's Bacon Cheeseburger Soup

1 Sweet Maui, diced
2 slices Bacon, diced
1/2 lb Ground Sirloin
1/4 cup Bruschetta Sauce (chopped tomatoes can sub)
2 cups Chicken Broth
1 (10 3/4 oz) can Cheddar Cheese Soup
1 Tablespoon Steak Sauce
1/4 head of Iceberg Lettuce
dash Seasoning Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper

Shredded Cheddar for topping

Saute onion till golden and bacon till crisp. Add sirloin and cook till no pink is seen. Add remaining ingredients (except shredded cheese.) Turn to low and simmer for 1/2 hour with lid on, stirring occasionally.

Top bowls of soup with shredded cheddar.

Snacks: Went for coffee with a pal and ordered my standard Sugar Free Cinnamon Dolce Soy, No Whip, No Foam Latte from Bux and last night I ate a handful of Fresh Cherries as I finally finished taking down the Christmas decorations.

It was an especially tasty day in my world.

Hey have you guys entered this year's Progresso Souper You Contest yet? Do it. What's that they say, "People Really Win!" it's true! Would love to see one of my pals get the VIP treatment this year. Good Luck!