Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world. Here's what I ate yesterday...

Breakfast: It was a gorgeous day yesterday and thankfully I got to spend a lot of it outside. I had a conference call in the morning and much of it I only really had to listen in on so I sat outside (muted so the chirping birds weren't heard by all) and enjoyed the warm sun and fresh air. Breakfast was delicious. Apple slices and a packed with protein yogurt dip. This made plenty of dip for 2 people. I shared breakfast with my Mum, who said, "Oooh Shell, this dip is a winner." It really is yummy. Hope you think so too.


Shelly's Cookies and Cream Protein Yogurt Dip

1/2 cup Greek Yogurt, plain 2%
2-3 Tablespoons Protein Powder (I used Double Stuffed Cookie, tastes like Oreos)
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Vanilla Torani Syrup

Mix well. Dip any fruit or eat with a spoon. I sliced up a Honeycrisp and a Fuji apple but strawberries, banana slices, or a combo made into fruit skewers, Would be a great afterschool snack for the kiddos.

Lunch: One of my favorite lunchtime go-tos. Turkey, Avocado and Cheese Roll-ups. I toss them in a pan and warm them till the cheese gets all melty, gooey and golden.


Pink Box (top left): Melted Turkey, Avocado & Cheese Roll-up
Green Box (top right): a few Blue Diamond Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Almonds
Blue Box (bottom left): Tomato with a sprinkle of oregano
Orange Box (bottom right): Shelly's Mini Chocolate Protein Donut

More Bento Box lunches, FAQ's and an Online Source for them
My Bento Pinterest Page (Tons of Lunch Ideas)

5 Things to Do With Cold Cuts

Dinner: This salad is a great use for leftover chicken. I actually toss extra pieces on the grill for salads like this during the week. Makes life during the week way easier.


Shelly's Lentil Chicken Salad

1 1/2 cups Cooked Lentils, chilled
1/2-3/4 cup Cooked Leftover Chicken, cubed
1/2 cup Bruschetta Sauce (Store Bought, Trader Joe's, Buitoni, any)
1/4 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
2 Green Onions, diced

Mix till combined. Chill. Fridge any leftovers, tastes even better the next day.


More Eggface Healthy Salads and Cold Eats 

Snacks: Lots of Coffee and I made a batch of Mini Protein Chocolate Donuts (only change to the original recipe I made was I was out of cinnamon so I just left it out) to celebrate National Donut Day.


1/2 the batch I brought to my neighbor and the other half will be snacks this week. I decorated them with a little melted SF Chocolate and a few bits and bobs... cereal, chopped pecans, nonpareils and...


I made Eggface "fried egg" themed donut... dipped in melted Sugar-Free White Chocolate with an SF Chocolate Covered Peanut in the middle. I dug through all the colors and found the yellow ones. I know... I think I might have been demon possessed by Martha Stewart.

P.S. Tomorrow is the last day of the Eggface Protein Shake Pantry Essential Giveaway if you haven't tossed your name in the hat be sure to enter before midnight (Pacific) winner announced Monday 6/8. Update: This giveaway has ENDED.