Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world. Here's what I ate yesterday with an early nod to St. Patrick's Day.

Breakfast: Ricotta Pancakes are a go-to breakfast at my house. I love these things... especially because it makes the next day's breakfast so easy. I love the leftover pancakes, cold (surprisingly delicious) smeared with a little almond butter. This Pistachio version is a favorite...


More Eggface Breakfasts
More Eggface Pancakes

Lunch: It has been unseasonably warm here and this was perfect: Avocado Dip (I add cottage cheese but you would never know) which is basically my way of getting in a little protein with my guacamole and this time I added a little bacon for a touch of Irish. It takes guacamole to a whole new level. It would be a great healthy snack for a March Madness party. Make a double batch because it'll disappear.


Shelly's Irish Avocado Dip

1/2 ripe Avocado
1/4 cup Cottage Cheese
2 Tablespoons Bacon, crumbled bits
a few twists of Black Pepper
Salt to taste
1/4 cup Pico de Gallo or Fresh Salsa (refrigerated kind)

Whiz in a mini food processor everything except the pico de gallo. Mix that in. Top with a sprinkle more bacon. I served it with cucumber crackers. This makes plenty for 2-3 people snacks or less if you are eating it like lunch. Would also be great with cooked shrimp as dippers.


Cook's Note: You could use crumbled leftover cooked bacon I just used 2 Tablespoons of real bacon bits (Hormel or Oscar Mayer makes them, find them in the salad dressing aisle.)

Dinner: Can't have St. Patty's Day without a little corned beef and cabbage. I found the leanest and smallest. I really didn't want a ton of leftovers but if you have a bunch be sure to check out my St. Patrick's Day recipes for tasty ways to use them.


That's a little Horseradish Greek Yogurt Dip on the side just mix a dollop of fresh horseradish in plain Greek yogurt, as much or as little as your nasal passages can handle... it's pretty powerful stuff fresh horseradish... I like to feel the burn.

Snacks: As usual Coffee and I made another one of those Lucky Leprechaun Protein Shakes I posted the other day... soooo good seriously it tastes like Pistachio Ice Cream


Oh and I took a baggie of my Chai Protein Granola with me on my errands. I wanted to mail the latest Giveaway winner's prize right away. I see people in the checkout line at the store grab a Snickers bar or bag of chips, those on-the-fly calories add up... this is one way I save myself from going there.


Speaking of prizes... I think today I might have some fun on Instagram. Keep your eyes out if you follow me over there.

More St. Patrick's Day Eats
My St. Patrick's Day Pinterest Page
More Days in my Pouch