Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world. Here's what I ate yesterday...

Breakfast: I made Breakfast "Tacos" scrambled eggs, topped with cheese and picante sauce, and taco-fied it with a slice of low sodium ham. You need a knife and fork for this one. I left the breakfast dishes and I head over to the Farmer's Market to beat the rain the weather forecast said we were going to get yesterday... we actually got the rain today. I picked up a nice assortment of fruits and veggies for the week ahead... a spaghetti squash I've been craving that Sausage and Ricotta Stuffed Squash I made a couple weeks ago, cauliflower, tomatoes, avocados, strawberries, apples, pears, hmmm there was something else... oh yeah a variety of onions... green, red, yellow... I'm covered for onions. Our market is all year long, rain or shine, the only days it closes are the two weekends of the year when the town holds the Rod Run, a vintage car show... that's next Saturday as a matter of fact. I'm going to have to seek out a market in another town next week.

Paleo Low Carb Recipes Ideas

More Eggface Favorite Breakfasts

Lunch: The Edamame and Salmon Salad I posted yesterday. Sooo good. If you don't like salmon you could totally do the same thing with grilled chicken, leftover cooked steak, shrimp, tuna... tofu. Whatever you like.

Asian Salmon Fish Leftovers

Dinner: I didn't really want to cook. I actually thought I might head out for dinner somewhere. I have been craving steak. I got too comfortable (aka holey sweats and braless.) Well and the avocado and tomato was sitting on the counter just calling to me to turn them into a salad. I made a sort of Caprese Salad with Avocado. Mexico meets Italy... Avocado, Tomato, Fresh Mozzarella, a dollop of Pesto Sauce, Oregano, Salt & Pepper to taste. The juices from the tomato and pesto mixed together to make a great "dressing." I love dinners like this.

Low Carb Weight Loss Surgery Bariatric Cooking Recipes

More Eggface Healthy Salads and Cold Eats

Snacks: Too much coffee and I picked up some Strawberries at the Farmer's Market. I froze a basket for protein shakes but a few are destined for desserts like this... dipped in No Sugar Added Homemade SF French Vanilla Whipped Cream.

Easy Dessert Snacks

More Days in my pouch

post signature