Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts (I try and post them every few days) to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world. Yesterday's menu...

Breakfast: I wanted to get a walk in before the Farmer's Market so I wrapped up a Homemade Protein Square - it's a cross between a chewy oatmeal cookie and a protein bar and took off. I love these suckers. Thank you again Kris for inspiring them.


7 of my favorite Grab & Go Breakfast Ideas

Got some great stuff at the market this week including a 3 packet of super sweet strawberries. I trimmed and chopped the strawberries as soon as I got home. 1 basket is frozen for smoothies and the other 2 baskets will be used this week to top Greek yogurt or SF Torani Sweetened Ricotta. A few went in this smoothie I had when I got home...


Shelly's Triple Strawberry Protein Shake

1 cup of Milk or Water (or combo)
1 packet Celebrate Vitamins ENS Multivitamin, Calcium, & Protein Shake (in Strawberry)
1/4 cup Fresh or Frozen Strawberries
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Strawberry Torani Syrup (any flavor will do)
a few cubes of ice (if using frozen berries omit)

Blend on high. Top with Homemade No Sugar Added Whipped Cream and a berry.

More Protein Shakes and Smoothies 

Lunch: Friday night I went to dinner at my favorite BBQ joint, it's a tiny place tucked in a strip mall but it makes the best BBQ in this neck of the woods. The portions are huge. I split a meal and I still always bring home leftovers. This time some BBQ Beef Brisket came home and was turned into another meal for 2...


Shelly's BBQ Beef Tortilla Pizza: Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat Fajita Size Tortilla. Smear of Tablespoon of BBQ sauce, the leftover Brisket, a sprinkle of Cheese. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.

More Tortilla Pizzas  

Dinner: I made one of my favorite post-op meals. Foil Packet Fish. Tons of protein, delicious and the best part if you eat it straight out of the foil it's the quickest after dinner cleanup ever. I used Tilapia (any white fish will do, Roughy, Cod), Sliced Zucchini, a liberal shake of Pikes Place Fish Market (the one that tosses the fish in Seattle) Northwest Seasoning, a teaspoon of oil, tightly wrapped in foil and BBQ'd 20 minutes in covered grill, no peeking (adjust time up slightly if using really thick piece of fish.) Open carefully. It gets hot in that little packet and steam burns are no fun.


More Foil Packet Dinners 

Snacks: Too much coffee and one of my errands was to Target where I spotted these...


Rosemary and Black Pepper Almonds from Blue Diamond Almonds (their website doesn't even have them listed yet so if you are interesting in finding them near you maybe ask on their Facebook page, tell 'em Eggface sent you.) They are yummy. I had about 12. Would be delicious tossed on a salad or as part of one of my carpet picnics/tidbit parties.

More Days in my pouch.