Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts (I try and post them every few days) to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world.

Breakfast: Went for a walk and came home with breakfast. We have 6 (seriously 6) Starbucks within walking distance from my house so they aren't easy to avoid. Starbucks Oatmeal with Nuts. I added a dash of cinnamon and a splash of soy.

Starbucks Breakfast Hacks 

Lunch: After a few weeks of the heatwave from hell. We are in for at least a few days of weather perfection. I am so jazzed I get to turn the oven on more. Prepare to be inundated with casseroles. I made these little mini meatloaf muffins and filled my bento box and took my lunch outside.

Lunchbox Recipes Ideas

Pink Box (top left):  Shelly's Turkey Mexican Mini Meatloaf Muffins
Green Box (top right):  Taco Yogurt Dip (Greek Yogurt, Taco Seasoning, Salt & Pepper to taste)
Blue Box (bottom left): Cucumber Spears
Orange Box (bottom right): 1/2 a bar of the brand new flavor of  Quest Protein Bars Double Chocolate Chunk. Mmm tastes like a brownie.

Low Carb Recipes Dinner

Shelly's Turkey Mexican Mini Meatloaf Muffins

1 1/4 pound package Ground Turkey
1 Egg, beaten
1/4 cup Oatmeal, dry
1/4 cup Milk
1/4 cup Mild Green Chilies, diced
1/4 cup Leftover Corn
1/4 cup Pico de Gallo (salsa basically)
1 teaspoon Taco Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon Cumin
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
dash of Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 24 cup non-stick mini muffin tin with Pam cooking spray. Mix oats and milk together and set aside for about 5 minutes. Add all ingredients (including oat/milk mixture) and mix till well combined. I use a mini ice cream scoop to scoop rounded mounds into each muffin section.

Low Carb Dinner Recipes

Bake for 30 minutes. Leftovers are great heated up. I put a 1/4 of a piece of cheese on each, put them under the broiler and turn them into "cheeseburgers."

More Bento Box lunches

Dinner: Shelly's Quick Cowboy Chicken. Super easy and quick meal. It's 4 ingredients basically.

Eggface Dinner Recipes Low Carb Protein Healthy WLS Bariatric Dinners

I tossed some chicken breasts on the BBQ grill. While they were cooking, I sliced and sauteed a Maui sweet onion and seasoned it with salt & pepper. Topped the cooked chicken with a teaspoon of BBQ sauce, a big dollop of the cooked onions and a 1/2 slice of cheddar cheese.

Recipes Eggface Weight Loss Surgery Meal Plans

Bariatric dinners

Broiled the whole thing till the cheese was bubbly and gooey. Yum. I ate it as is but it would be great with a little salad, a veggie, or some beans.

Weight Loss Dinners

Here's a similar Italian Quick Chicken Dinner 

Snacks: Too much coffee, the other half of the new Quest Bar and I needed to taste test a recipe for a protein shake that I'm entering into a "Ghoulish Delights" Halloween Cooking Contest so that was my snack. I'll post it. It's too funny (creepy) not to share.


More days in my pouch.

post signature