Thursday, September 19, 2013

Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts (I try and post them every few days) to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world.

Breakfast: Went for a walk and came home with breakfast. We have 6 (seriously 6) Starbucks within walking distance from my house so they aren't easy to avoid. Starbucks Oatmeal with Nuts. I added a dash of cinnamon and a splash of soy.

Starbucks Breakfast Hacks 

Lunch: After a few weeks of the heatwave from hell. We are in for at least a few days of weather perfection. I am so jazzed I get to turn the oven on more. Prepare to be inundated with casseroles. I made these little mini meatloaf muffins and filled my bento box and took my lunch outside.

Lunchbox Recipes Ideas

Pink Box (top left):  Shelly's Turkey Mexican Mini Meatloaf Muffins
Green Box (top right):  Taco Yogurt Dip (Greek Yogurt, Taco Seasoning, Salt & Pepper to taste)
Blue Box (bottom left): Cucumber Spears
Orange Box (bottom right): 1/2 a bar of the brand new flavor of  Quest Protein Bars Double Chocolate Chunk. Mmm tastes like a brownie.

Low Carb Recipes Dinner

Shelly's Turkey Mexican Mini Meatloaf Muffins

1 1/4 pound package Ground Turkey
1 Egg, beaten
1/4 cup Oatmeal, dry
1/4 cup Milk
1/4 cup Mild Green Chilies, diced
1/4 cup Leftover Corn
1/4 cup Pico de Gallo (salsa basically)
1 teaspoon Taco Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon Cumin
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
dash of Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 24 cup non-stick mini muffin tin with Pam cooking spray. Mix oats and milk together and set aside for about 5 minutes. Add all ingredients (including oat/milk mixture) and mix till well combined. I use a mini ice cream scoop to scoop rounded mounds into each muffin section.

Low Carb Dinner Recipes

Bake for 30 minutes. Leftovers are great heated up. I put a 1/4 of a piece of cheese on each, put them under the broiler and turn them into "cheeseburgers."

More Bento Box lunches

Dinner: Shelly's Quick Cowboy Chicken. Super easy and quick meal. It's 4 ingredients basically.

Eggface Dinner Recipes Low Carb Protein Healthy WLS Bariatric Dinners

I tossed some chicken breasts on the BBQ grill. While they were cooking, I sliced and sauteed a Maui sweet onion and seasoned it with salt & pepper. Topped the cooked chicken with a teaspoon of BBQ sauce, a big dollop of the cooked onions and a 1/2 slice of cheddar cheese.

Recipes Eggface Weight Loss Surgery Meal Plans

Bariatric dinners

Broiled the whole thing till the cheese was bubbly and gooey. Yum. I ate it as is but it would be great with a little salad, a veggie, or some beans.

Weight Loss Dinners

Here's a similar Italian Quick Chicken Dinner 

Snacks: Too much coffee, the other half of the new Quest Bar and I needed to taste test a recipe for a protein shake that I'm entering into a "Ghoulish Delights" Halloween Cooking Contest so that was my snack. I'll post it. It's too funny (creepy) not to share.


More days in my pouch.

post signature

6 comments:

karpouzian said...

I had your Philly cheese steak pizza tonight (well, half of it) and it was honestly the best meal I've had in three months! (I'm two months out).

Denise Walker said...

The Trader Joe's concentrated coffee looks good.

Denise
djrbwalker@yahoo.com

Judy said...

Starbucks oatmeal is even better when you have them make it with coffee instead of water!

Dawn said...

For the turkey is it a one and a quarter pound package, or is it one package that weigh a quarter pound? Thanks!

Michelle "Shelly" said...

1 and 1/4 pounds of ground turkey :) Hope you enjoy them!

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Oooh Judy interesting... might have to try that one. 9/29 is National Coffee Day!