Friday, July 12, 2013

A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts (I try and post them every few days) to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world.

Breakfast: A Black Forest Yogurt Parfait - a couple of Tablespoons of Chocolate Milk flavor Celebrate Vitamins ENS, mixed in 4 oz of plain Greek Yogurt, a squirt of Sugar Free Black Cherry Torani Syrup and Fresh Cherries. I made a couple, wrapped them in plastic wrap for a quick grab and go breakfast. Don't forget your plastic spoon!

Eggface Bariatric Surgery Recipes Menus

More Yogurt Parfait Ideas

Lunch: It was odd weather yesterday, sort of Florida-ish, humid and the sky threatened rain. At one point we got a few spots, just enough to smear the skylights and make the ants outside happy. Speaking of ants. Warning: never spray ant killer on a breezy day. The other night I went out and saw an ant hill so I grabbed my trusty bug spray and zapped them. A breeze blew some back at me and I inhaled it. No big deal or so I thought... within a few minutes it wasn't pretty. I thought I might have to bite the bullet and go to urgent care. I road it out (no health insurance sucks) but I wasn't OK for most of the day. Coughing, difficulty breathing, gnarly headache, shakes, attempted puking (I don't really puke post WLS weight loss surgery.) I'm feeling no long term effects but if I develop a third eye or something we know how it happened. D*** ants better have had it worse than I did.

Anyway despite the mixed bag weather I took lunch outside. It has been my 2013 goal to get outdoors more... my bento box helps.

Lunch Bentos

Pink Box (top left): A dollop of Broccoli Slaw and Kale Salad with Chicken
Green Box (top right): More Cherries (love)
Blue Box (bottom left): Low Sodium Roast Beef with mustard for dipping, Fresh Mini Mozzarella Ball
Orange Box (bottom right): Homemade Protein Square

The salad was a new Trader Joe's find (in the refrigerator section.) Shredded Broccoli, Carrots, and Cabbage, chopped Kale leaves, Red Onion, Chicken, Dried Cranberries. Sunflower Seeds and a Sweet and Spicy Vinaigrette come on the side and can be added to the extent you want to up the calories.

It very tasty. I will be adding it to my Trader Joe's Shopping List. Generous side dish portion enough for at least 2-3 people/$3.99 per container.

More bento box lunches

Dinner: Easiest way to cook fish ever. I had some Zucchini that needed using, a Green Onion, some Dill, a little Lime Zest, a tablespoon of Olive Oil, Tilapia Fillet (Costco.) Wrap everything in foil tightly.

Toss on a covered BBQ for 20 (defrosted) - 25 (frozen) minutes and depending on the thickness of the fillet. Don't open the lid. Trust me it will come out perfect every time.

More Foil Packet Dinners

Snacks: Too much coffee and a bag of Cruncha-ma-me Freeze Dried Edamame in the new Onion & Chive flavor (tastes like Sour Cream and Chive Lays Potato Chips but soooo much better for you.)

WLS Food

More days in my pouch.

post signature


Dawn said...

Thanks for posting! I'm about two months away from surgery and a starting to panic about what I'll really be able to eat for years to come. I'm glad I found this blog as I now feel a lot better. :)

MK said...

Thanks! I always love your posts!

Bella said...

I'm going to have to try those Crunch-Ma-Me because they sound great.

BTW, today I packed my very first on-the-go, beach-bound bento. Thanks for inspiring me in this healthier lifestyle.

mylynn1377 said...

I just wanted to say that I finally used one of the pancake recipes and they were awesome. I made the banana ones thinned them out, spread neufchatel on it, then rolled it up. Sooooo yummy! I made enough to keep for a few days if I can keep my littles out of them. Thank you for using your powers for good!

Trixie said...

Thank you, made this recipe last night using Wild Perch..came out wonderful!!