Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts (I try and post them every few days) to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world.

Breakfast: My new favorite breakfast. Seriously I want to eat this every day.


Shelly's Cinnamon Apple Walnut Salad

3 oz. Greek Yogurt
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (any flavor I used SF Sugar Free Cinnamon Vanilla)
dash Cinnamon
1 Apple (Pink Lady, Gala or Fuji are my favs), chopped
2 Tablespoons Walnuts, chopped
1 Tablespoon Dried Cranberries

Mix yogurt, SF syrup, and cinnamon together until well blended. Toss with apple, walnuts, and cranberries. Makes enough for 2 people.

I used California Red Walnuts in this. If you can find some use those. So good. If not, regular are fine.

Lunch: It was Earth Day so I tried to spend as much time outside as I could. Filled my bento box and took lunch outside...



Pink Box (top left): Shelly's Melted Turkey & Cheese Roll-up
Green Box (top right): Shelly's Strawberry Cannoli
Blue Box (bottom left):
Hardboiled Egg on a Stick 
Orange Box (bottom right): Shelly's Pineapple Orange Protein Mini Muffin

More bento box lunches 


Dinner: Spotted these the other day at Trader Joe’s and tossed them in my cart. Trader Joe's Thai Lime Shrimp Skewers, they come uncooked. I just grilled for a few minutes each side on the BBQ. The box contains five skewers of five shrimp for $5.99.


They are quite tasty. Seasoned with kaffir lime leaf and other spices. Super quick protein source. Each skewer is 40 cals, 8 grams of protein, 0 carbs, .5 grams of fat.




They would be excellent on top of a simple salad. I ate them as is.

Snacks: Coffee and few more Strawberry Cannoli