1. October is National Bullying Prevention Month. Here's a simple way you can help: Don't make or laugh at "fat jokes." Pass it on.
2. One last reminder about the Obesity Action Coalition "Your Weight Matters" Conference in Dallas later this month. If you are interested in health, weight, obesity, advocacy issues you will want to attend and stay through Sunday to take part in a Walk from Obesity - a fundraising walk that happens in many locations across the country to raise $$, a way to show your support in the fight against obesity. Can't walk or not near one? You can donate to my page.
Every buck or two is appreciated and have no fear I don't have kids so I'll never hit you up to buy wrapping paper, candy bars or Girl Scout cookies. This is pretty much it ;)
Look ahead: Make plans to spend May 17,18,19 2013 in Las Vegas at the WLSFA Weight Loss Surgery Foundation of America Meet & Greet. This week they announced this year's keynote speaker is: Carnie Wilson of Wilson Phillips who underwent Gastric Bypass Surgery in 1999. Carnie documented her struggles with regain after the birth of her daughter on the show Celebrity Fit Club and her own reality show. She received lap-band surgery earlier this year. I'm excited to hear her message at the event. Here's all the 411 on how to register to attend.
Funny Wilson Phillips story... back in 1990 when Wilson Phillips debuted their self-titled CD. I brought my copy on the plane along with a few other CD's to listen to while flying to New York from California. Yes, kiddos too young to remember we once actually brought those hard shiny circles with us places LOL. Back in the day, I had a Bright Yellow Sony Sport Discman, it was waterproof, had all these rubber sealed edges to keep moisture and dirt out. Well apparently as the plane pressurized the CD player's rubber seals stick together like glue and no amount of prying can open it until the cabin depressurizes. My Wilson Phillips CD happened to be the one inside so whether I wanted to or not I had to listen to it or nothing for 6+ hours. Needless to say, I can sing word for word, breath for breath, pause for pause, EVERY song on that CD.
3. Some articles I read this week that were worth checking out:
Weight Bullying: Why no uproar?
Obesity, Repression, and Addiction
Obesity and Self-Image: Are the Two Connected?
Dog Helps His Owner Through Obesity
and be sure to check out this video if you haven't seen it posted on my Facebook page already. Wisconsin WKBT 8 News anchor Jennifer Livingston stood up for herself and for people everywhere who have been fat-shamed. Bravo Jennifer! A person’s weight provides no indication of an individual’s character, credentials, talents, leadership or contributions to society.
4. Heads up on a yummy new product: KRAFT Tomato Basil String Cheese. I grabbed a bag of these the other day at the supermarket (also saw them tonight at Walmart) 70 calories a stick. 6 grams of protein. It was a great snack with some sliced tomatoes. They have 2 other new flavors too: Jalapeno and Cracked Pepper. I'll have to give those a try.
5. If you haven't entered the BIG 10,000 Giveaway there's still time to add your name to the hat. CLICK HERE to enter. Giveaway ends this Sunday, October 7th. Winner announced Monday.
You've got a chance to win a HUGE prize pack filled with some of my favs from: Celebrate Vitamins, Chike Nutrition, Torani, Blender Bottle, Nike, Big Train, Premier Protein, Oh Yeah Nutrition, Quest Nutrition, Click and Syntrax Products.
If you can, hit up a few of their Facebook pages and tell them Eggface sent you. Check out Blender Bottle's newly designed page and I heard Chike Nutrition will be doing some contests in the next few weeks you won't want to miss those so be sure to LIKE them.