Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

My yesterday in post weight loss surgery eating. If you don't like fish you probably want to stop reading after breakfast. It was a very fishy day.

Breakfast: I ate 2 of my Espresso Protein Truffles and tossed a 1/2 full or is it 1/2 empty Vanilla Creme Oh Yeah RTD in my bag before heading out to run some errands.


Shelly's Espresso Protein Truffles

2 Scoops CLICK Espresso Protein Powder
3 Scoops Chocolate Protein Powder
1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese
1/2 cup Almond Butter
1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Vanilla)
1/4 cup Chopped Nuts (I used a combo of Pecans, Walnuts and Pistachios)

Toppings (optional): Unsweetened Toasted Coconut, Crushed Nuts, SF Pudding Mix, more Protein Powder, Unsweetened Cocoa, Crushed SF Candy Cane.

Mix all ingredients till thoroughly combined. Roll into walnut size balls. Mixture is like a sticky but mold-able play-dough. Ricotta water content can vary (I use whole not part skim) so if needed a little more CLICK will just make it more yummy. Roll in unsweetened Toasted Coconut (or other topping choice.) Place in fridge to firm before serving. Keep leftovers refrigerated. You can also freeze them and defrost in the fridge as needed. Makes about 25.

My errands brought me near the beach so I took advantage of the absolutely gorgeous day and walked the pier, one of my favorite non-scale victory, WOW moments. An hour by the ocean is like a tonic to my soul.


Lunch: Whenever I am near the beach I stop at Whole Foods, it's 30+ miles from me so I bring ice packs and come home with a few items only they have. A few cheeses to try usually. Whole Foods (aka Whole Paycheck) is fun but $$$.

Frugal Tip: instead of getting the pre-cut packages of cheese which are usually too large a quantity for us weight loss surgery altered chitlin peeps to consume, ask them to cut a tiny lump (under 1/4 lb) of whatever you want. I usually get 2 or 3 different cheeses to take home and try and spend less than one large piece would have been.

My Mum and I decided to get some lunch and eat it outside on their patio. She got soup (very yummy I stole a slurp) and a sandwich and I made myself this creation...

First, I went to the seafood section and got an Ahi Tuna Poke Bowl, it normally comes with rice but I don't do rice so I had them leave that out. I took my chopped Ahi Tuna (sushi grade, raw) and a sprinkle of green and white onions and head over to the salad bar where I got a dollop of Asian slaw (cabbage, almonds, Asian dressing) and a spoon of shelled edamame. Over to the condiment bar I grabbed a wasabi packet (added a little for some kick) and sprinkled some sesame seeds on top. On the patio I mixed them all together and viola. Soooo good.

Dinner: I picked up these Salmon Burgers the other day at Trader Joe's.


These will be a repeat purchase. 110 cals a burger, 15 grams protein, 3 grams carbs, 3 grams fat and very tasty. If you love salmon (I know lots of people don't, it's a fishier fish) give them a try. I pan fried them (you can grill, bake too) and served them with sliced Cucumbers and a dollop of Green Onion Yogurt Dip. I think they would be tasty chopped on a salad too. The yogurt dip would be great on anything chicken, beef, as a salad dressing, as a veggie dip.

Shelly's Green Onion Yogurt Dip

1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
2 Green Onions, diced
dash of Oregano
Kosher Salt to taste
a few twists of Black Pepper

Mix till well combined. Best if made an hour in advance. Let it sit in the fridge and become yum.

Snacks: Coffee and at night I had some chopped strawberries with a squirt of Homemade No Sugar Added, Chocolate Whipped Cream and a sprinkle of Toasted Almonds.